Newbie with new setup??

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

The_Dakota_Kid

Newbie with new setup??

#1 Post by The_Dakota_Kid » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Hello
Last year I had some trouble getting off the line, 1.48 60ft I dont think it was spining much, but really ran good on the top end 112 mph in the 1/8th at a 6.20... It actually 60ft better earlier that spring, with with a smaller cam, aqnd non ported heads. It went a 1.44 which wasnt real bad. I sent the heads off for CNC porting and slapped in a .790 roller, heads are 365 cc and flow 385+cfm at .800 lift. I had stock leaf springs wih cal tracks. So over the winter I back half'd the pickup 32 inch ladder bars, single adjustable strange coilovers, added a strange dana 60, the old 8 3/4 wasnt going to hold up long... I also sent the converter off for a fresheing and change before it went 5200 rpm's foot braking now it goes 5900 foot braking, gearing was 4.56 before with a 28 inch tire, now it has 4.88 pro gears 14x32 hoosier's. I also added a pro transbrake while the 727 was freshen'd. So I never ran a ladder bar car before and was wondering where a good baseline start would be? Springs are 110 lbs, at ride height the 12 inch springs measure 8 inchs or so, and I have about 3-3.5 inchs of shock travel left (5 inch extended length). The laddr bars are in the middle hole with 3 flats of preload in the pass side, weight ratio sucks with the big block up front, and big driver. Hoping it will pickup a tenth in 60ft and a few tenths on the other end, I run mostly 1/8th mile so a 5.9x would be super, but 6.0x's will do. for moderate heavy 3500 lbs pickup??? Any suggestions or other engine details will be provided. I also have stock springs in the front and loose shocks, so defitaly need upgraded there.
500 inch Dakota 3500lbs race weight best of 9.75 with a spinning 1.48 short time, all motor, no excuses...