64 GTO rear suspension

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

Goat Hearder

64 GTO rear suspension

#1 Post by Goat Hearder » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:45 pm

I'm a new user and have a question regarding rear suspension. I am working with a friend running a 64 GTO in mod at locale 1/8 mile track.
The car is old school with a Pontiac motor that is Tri-Power equiped. The front has Moroso springs and CE 3 ways at 90/10. The rear is Hothckiss upper and lower with the upper being old that need removal to adjust. Air Lift bags left and right, usually run at 5lbs. left and 10lbs on the right. Have CE 3 way set at 50/50. We have rescaled recently and we are at 1587 front and 1300 rear, no driver. We alternate and I am 30-40lbs heavier at about 190. In this years outings we have fallen off 60' and Et wise but have picked up MPH. Tuning 40 year old Rochesters may seem nuts but its ole school and you don't see em every day. WE are Running some old MT slicks that are 26x15x10. We are waiting for new 28.5x15x9 Hoosiers. The rear sway bar is also stock and the front has none. Best 60'
ever was a 1.54. The best 1/8 was a 7.21 corrected. Best this year is a 1.64@7.45. Feel tires are gone. What I am curious about is the rear shocks. I know compared to other shocks they are probably lame but is adjustment out of 50/50 worth the effort? If more info and numbers are needed I'ld be happy to add it. We are just two old Farts having fun with an old induction system that ain't supposed to produce these et's. Hooray for old Farts!