6 point rollbar

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

project71nova

6 point rollbar

#1 Post by project71nova » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

getting ready to install my chassis works 6 point rollbar into my 71 nova. i was wondering whats the best way to go about leveling the chassis out for the installation? where sould i check to see if the car chassis is level? thanks :D
Justin

supernova

Re: 6 point rollbar

#2 Post by supernova » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I picked my car up and set it on jack stands, at the front spring eye's on the rear springs and at the front frame mounts of the body. A level shop floor will do just fine to take make sure the car is square enough. Thats how I did mine and I put in a 14 point, no back half.
Your only putting in a 6 point that will not make much differance in the rest of the car.
I had my frame out of the car so when I got it back together I took it to the frame shop to make sure it was in streight before weld anything.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

CoMax Racing

#3 Post by CoMax Racing » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:55 pm

I built as set of jacks from the ones you use to level a trailer. They are screw jacks that have slip tube as well for changing to different heights. I just welded some jamb bolts on the tubes to prevent them from wobbling. Then you can dial in the car with the screw jacks a perfectly level situation. I use the sill plates to level front to back, and a long piece of tube through the door windows and a level to get it perfect side to side.

I hope that all made sense. :thumb:

Corey

supernova

#4 Post by supernova » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:35 pm

CoMax Racing wrote:I built as set of jacks from the ones you use to level a trailer. They are screw jacks that have slip tube as well for changing to different heights. I just welded some jamb bolts on the tubes to prevent them from wobbling. Then you can dial in the car with the screw jacks a perfectly level situation. I use the sill plates to level front to back, and a long piece of tube through the door windows and a level to get it perfect side to side.

I hope that all made sense. :thumb:

Corey
Hey, Thats a good idea about the rv jacks that raise and lower. I'll have to get my some of those!
I used 1/4" plate under the jack stands after lifting the car to level it. The rv stands will make it easier.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs