Baffled engineering strikes again!

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

Goat Hearder

Baffled engineering strikes again!

#1 Post by Goat Hearder » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi! Been awhile, Have a new 8" converter in the '64 GTO :D Leaves much better! Blows the 9" off :( Lowered pressure and hooks better :D Down track gets a bit loose! :shock: Car usually goes straight as an arrow :D Shocks are QA1 coil overs single adjustables. Think maybe set to soft for the low tire pressure :scratch: and it was "strange" going down track. Is it a wise idea to ditch the stock sway bar in favor of something hd race car style :?: Thanks The car has been running 10.90 - 11.00's. Picked up a couple bucks @ Pontiacs in the Park Dinwiddie Va. for the fastest Tri-Power in attendance. (Glutton for Punishment). Thanks Hope to be able to spend a bit more time on the forum. Dumb Question all have a decent year?

bracketracer

Re: Baffled engineering strikes again!

#2 Post by bracketracer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:10 pm

How heavy is the car and what springs do you have in the rear???

Goat Hearder

Re: Baffled engineering strikes again!

#3 Post by Goat Hearder » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Car is about 3000 lbs' with me when my buddy drives ( We share the fun) about 35lbs' lighter (skinny old guy) the springs are 95lbs and scaled about 56% front 44%rear (if memory is correct). Moroso trick fronts and 90/10 shocks. The springs are in the range of the front end weight. Used to have a 10" street/strip converter which when foot braking to get the RPM ( she had a slight stumble, those fine ole 2G Rochesters Tri-Power) up really tweeked the hell out of the car. Now she is not as loaded. First couple of passes blew the 9" x 28 " slicks off. Less on the second. Got better with more air out of slicks, but screwed up and softened the shocks to which I think made it twitchy going down track, (1/8th mile down here). The car has usually gone straight as an arrow, and I had an old post with a photo(hammern' the slicks) at Dinwiddie Va. Thanks for any thoughts. You run at Island, E-Town, or Atco. I spent my upcoming years in your neck of the woods! Garlits and Ivo at Island first Drag Race! Any way thanks!