I've got a challenge for you...long wheelbase

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

vanillagorilla

Re: I've got a challenge for you...long wheelbase

#16 Post by vanillagorilla » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Does anybody have any pics of this leaf-link setup? I've searched, and I can't find any pics of them.

4-link'ing the rear will be a last resort for me, but I guess first I should work with the cal-tracs and focus on some good shocks all around. Then if it doesn't get better put a 4-link in it. :(

So how much anti-squal is too much? If you have two cars with two different wheelbases, but they're otherwise identical. By definition, the car with the longer wheelbase will posses more anti-squat. Is that a bad thing?
2000 Sierra-More cubes...looking for more boost.
1992 Typhoon-almost, mostly, sort of, kind of stock ;)
1969 Mullet-Mobile-too much work

BillyShope

Re: I've got a challenge for you...long wheelbase

#17 Post by BillyShope » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I couldn't get that kplinks.com to work, but it seems like that which you're describing is what Art Morrison sells as a "4BAR" suspension. And, it can work just fine, but, as someone has pointed out, you're forced to provide the adjustment bracketry. The trick to remember, when adjusting a 4bar, is that parallel lines meet at infinity. In other words, instead of upper and lower links pointing to an instant center, you adjust the 2 4bar links to be parallel to the percent antisquat line you want.
http://home.earthlink.net/~whshope
over 130,000 visitors