Ladder bars and wieght setup

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

SaskCharger

Still Not Good

#16 Post by SaskCharger » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Well I'm still not happy with the 60' Best this year is a 1.551 but usually it's in the 1.58 - 1.60 I feel it should work better. I currently have my ladderbars mounted in the middle hole. I'm going to move it up to the top and see if this helps.

I'm still not sure if I have the coil overs set up properly.

This is currently what I'm using.

http://qa1.thomasnet.com/item/proma-sta ... lpver=1001

I am thinking that maybe I could have used a longer one.

What I'm wondering is how much should the shock be compressed when the car sits at rest. Right now it's 11' eye to eye so it's compressed 3 inches. That gives me an 1" of compression left, is that enough?

Here is a pic of them on the car currently.

FARRIGNO

Re: Ladder bars and wieght setup

#17 Post by FARRIGNO » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 pm

depends on the ride height of the shock look up the part # and it should tell you the ride height,also how much power is the motor making?,maybe putting the ladder bar up 1-hole might work on my junk, it makes a lot of power so i had to move mine down=less hit,hope this helps.
IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Ladder bars and wieght setup

#18 Post by John_Heard » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:39 pm

The thing to check here is to find out if the shocks are topping out, if they are then you've going to have to change something. Either stiffen them up, get longer shocks or take hit out of the suspension. I'd suggest rigging up a tattle tale indicator of some sort so you can see how much travel you're getting at launch. If the shocks are topping out it will unload the suspension.