Launching Problems--HELP

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

MMAX

Re: Launching Problems--HELP

#16 Post by MMAX » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 am

Craig W. wrote:I think you'd like the QA1-R shocks. The R version is rebound adjustable without removing the shock from the car and the compression is fix at a stiff valving. I've been using these shocks for a number of years with good results. There are probably better shocks out there, but for $140 they are a good balance of performance and budget.

Work with those travel limiters and see what they'll do for you. I usually adjust in 1/4" increments. Find out what thread they have and you can count the turns to know how much adjustment you've made. I'd run them down until it effects the hook and then fine tune from there.
Stocker Stars or the Pro Coil system? The only thing I'm wondering about is the fixed 90/10 valving. With that rate won't the front end come up higher and stay there longer?

Craig W.

Re: Launching Problems--HELP

#17 Post by Craig W. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 pm

I guess mine are the Stock Stars. They are not the Pro Coil coilover conversion. I have Moroso Trick coils up front.

Fixed 90/10? They are 12 way adjustable on rebound. They'll go pretty tight. They are just fixed on compression at a stiff rate. They work.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts