Finally ready make a move

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

bottlesempty

Finally ready make a move

#1 Post by bottlesempty » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:48 pm

I've been gathering info for a while and time is right to adress my traction issues I'll quickly throw out specs any advice is appreciated my car is a1980malibu it has adjustable upper &lower spherical bushings with TRZ ARB fromsuggestions from this forum I'mconsidering the lake wood90/10&50/50shocks replacement6cyl.springs remove front sway bar28x11.50ETstreets sound good

ytnova

Re: Finally ready make a move

#2 Post by ytnova » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 am

How fast is this bu' going to be? If you have plans on going real fast, do not spend your money twice and just pony up for some better double adjustable shocks on both ends, it will save you money in the long run.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

bottlesempty

#3 Post by bottlesempty » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 pm

imlooking to try break into 10s on nuts the motor was built for a 200hp shot ofN2o maybe it could go in high 8s Idk250/300hp hit 2 stages should be fun go grab pizza for eagles games on sunday

Craig W.

#4 Post by Craig W. » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:53 pm

I 100% agree...forget the cheap 3-way shocks and go with a good externally adjustable shock. You'll be glad you did.

Moroso springs would be a nice improvement over stockers. Get it on some 4 corner scales so you can select the right ones and get the corner weights lined out.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

bottlesempty

#5 Post by bottlesempty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey Craig nice looking nova seriously thanx for advice The moroso springs being larger diameter than stocks what's causing interference withARB as it was welded in while car was still sporting stock diameter 6cylinder sprin you all have been so helpful it's motivating for disabled gear head keeps me looking forward to maybe 1 more time slip I wanna finish car for my nephew or father to race I've received slot of varying opinions on brands of shocks the common consensus was that the afcos adjust ments are most easily accessedQa1 makes package I saw on summits site I'm ready order that and Bncafcodouble eliminators for front anyone have any input on accessabilty of adjustment knobs on afco versus strange for frontshock