Cal trac adjustments

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

joe69Z

Cal trac adjustments

#1 Post by joe69Z » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 am

I set mine at 1/2 turn left side and 1 full turn right side with car on jack stands, Have bars in bottom holes wth this preload is this correct or should I set them the same preload? I see on here a guy set his this way to take up for driver weight. Getting ready for our first run at test and tune night. Also what air pressure is a good start with hoosier 12" wide x 29,5 tires? :scratch: Just try this and go from there?

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Cal trac adjustments

#2 Post by John_Heard » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 am

I don't see any reason to put extra preload in one side of the bars unless you know the car wants that. It would probably be better to set them even to begin with then adjust if it's wanting to go right or left.

Don't know about that tire, rim width, or your car weight which makes a difference but I'd take a shot around 11-12 psi or there abouts on that tire.

Craig W.

Re: Cal trac adjustments

#3 Post by Craig W. » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:53 pm

When you say the car is on jack stands, be sure the weight is on the rearend housing when you make your adjustments.

My car likes a 1/2 turn more preload on the right side but yours may be different. I set the left side to zero preload but zero gap. Just adjust them so it goes straight with as little preload as possible. That's my approach anyway.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts