weight scales and ladder bar

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

77bill77

weight scales and ladder bar

#1 Post by 77bill77 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 am

I am new to setting up stuff with weight scales this might be a stupid question. my car has ladder bars
it is front heavy if I adjust the ladder bar (I believe I am putting pre load in) to lighten the front left should that make the right rear get lighter or heavier thank you

Mike Peters

Re: weight scales and ladder bar

#2 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:21 am

Lighter. Putting or removing a load on one corner makes the diagonal corner act the same. Usually done with spring pressure though. I don't like the idea of using preload to try to equalize corner weights. Cars don't go straight when it's done. Is the car not going straight now or are the corner weights not being more equal making you lose sleep?
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

77bill77

Re: weight scales and ladder bar

#3 Post by 77bill77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:59 am

I am new to the scales and it started off I was just playing with them and to see how the weight moved the info I had said if I lightened the left front with pre load the right rear would get heavier. but mine does not do that but may be I should of started this a different way the car has a big block chev just shy of 900hp na it weights 3146 with me in lf 963 rf 840 lr 692 rr 651 no pre load 42.6 % on the rear last2 years I have had trouble hooking it up it would even spin the moment I the trans brake comes off slowing down the lights other times it would grab start lifting then drop. I just finish putting double adjustable shoucks all around with new springs I also have about 200 lbs I think I am going to add to the rear but any pointers would be nice als 4.30 gear 32.14.5 tire and 1/8 mile 5600 ish converter if there is any thing else let me know