pinks all out

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

drummondracing
Location: Colonial Beach VA If I am not at home or the track then I am probably at HOOTERS

pinks all out

#1 Post by drummondracing » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:53 pm

What a joke I couldnt even finish watching it tonight. I think those people got ripped off big time.150 people show up,5 or 6 of them in the tower cant figure out how to narrow it down, so they draw 16 name s out of a hat??? What the hell do they think is going to happen at budds creek in june? they have over 350 entries for that one. I predict they are going to seriously piss some people off. and it amazes me just how little all of them actually know about cars. My neighbor and racing partner bought a motorhome from nate pritchett right before pinks aired,matter of fact it is sitting beside my shop now. They had just installed a new gm crate motor in it but never started it. You should see the half-ass jury rigs done to it wires scabbed together,rubber fuel hose laying on the headers. But talking to them you would think they knew more about cars than jesus christ himself. The pinks producers and advisers need to get their act together before they run up on the wrong crowd and end up going home with more than their feelings hurt. I was going to race at md in june but it had already sold out before I could register , things always happen for a reason. I am glad I wont waste that $100 in fuel. :roll:
74 chevy luv 355 sbc bracket car
70 Nova SS bracket / t.n.t car.
(Yes REAL SS 396 DISCS 12B0LT ETC)

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE 68-74 NOVAS

TOO MUCH IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DriveWFO

#2 Post by DriveWFO » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Man, I'm registered for the PINKS All Out at MIR in June. I hope it goes good :shock:

Mike Peters

#3 Post by Mike Peters » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am

Once agian, I just wonder if the show's producers realize the show they could have if they offered that much money to a true heads-up event for some cars that fit a true 10.5 or drag radial set of rules? Get rid of "self-proclaimed tough guy" Rich, use a pro tree, and catch some of the racers talking smack between rounds. It would be a MUCH better event. Do they really think the "negotiations" are that much of a highlight? :roll:
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

sixty_foot

...rolling start ??

#4 Post by sixty_foot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am

...i heard next season...."pinks" will have guys racing from a rolling start ??

s f
speed..... is how fast you hit the wall,
.....torque...... is how hard you bounce off

mmsports33

#5 Post by mmsports33 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Man guy's......I don't know what to say.....like I said before...I like the show. I mean if they came on TV and advertised that they were gonna have a heads up 10.5 street car shoot out then I would be dissappointed but that's not what they say. I mean it's Rich's show and if he wanted to run green VW's backwards it's his deal......people know what they sign up for and apparantly they don't have a shortage of people wanting to do the show or watch the show. The all out show they are running at Rockingham is pretty much filled up and everybody I know is pretty jazzed about it and as far as the all out show from last night I think they did the most fair thing possible.....I mean they had so many cars running so close together......I don't see a much better way to do it......I don't know.....like I said.....I like it..........

sixty_foot

tv time.....

#6 Post by sixty_foot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 am

the major difference here is....you have racers lowering their dignity for a chance to get on tv ......they can do the same thing on cops !

s f

MOOSE

#7 Post by MOOSE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:42 am

Explain that comment " lowering there dignity"

MOOSE

sixty_foot

i'm sorry....

#8 Post by sixty_foot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am

i'm sorry you missed that one......"lowering their dignity".....
.....any "serious racer", that takes part or competes in "pinks"....has lowered his dignity.....and credibility. period.

.....what's next...."dukes of hazard" jumping contests ???

s f

MOOSE

#9 Post by MOOSE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:21 am

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that you are a smart ass and close minded. i am a serious racer and don't have a problem with someone that wants to be apart of something like PINKS. It's there decision and i would respect that. No it's not something I would do personally but if my buddy wanted to do it or someone that i race with wanted to i would not insult them for wanting to do it.

MOOSE

sixty_foot

very well put....

#10 Post by sixty_foot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:28 am

very well put with the "smart ass" comment......

.....btw....i look forward to seeing you on "boyd coddington"

s f

MOOSE

#11 Post by MOOSE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:42 am

It will never happen. I appreciate your interest though.

MOOSE

79 Camaro

#12 Post by 79 Camaro » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:55 am

Boyd Coddington has made some nice cars for sure, but Moose doesn't need Boyd because Moose has the nicest Nova I have ever seen and I think that many will agree.

Just wondering SF, what kind of car do you have/race??? No disrespect intended I was just wanting to see a pic of your hot rod... :D
"THE THROTTLE IS THE DEVIL" By Mr. Willis
"ALL I SEEN WAS HOOD!" By Mr. Heard
MAKO RS-1979
Sponsored By:
Total Removal Contracting-Tim Rogers

sixty_foot

give it time....

#13 Post by sixty_foot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 am

give it time....when the season ends for "pinks", coddington will need another......"assembler".....

s f

MOOSE

#14 Post by MOOSE » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:01 pm

Don't need a job, I own enough companies to keep me busy. Again i appreciate your interest in my well being.

MOOSE

John_Heard
Site Admin

#15 Post by John_Heard » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:34 pm

Adam SF has a 12 second White Mach 1 that he bracket races - it's the same kind of body style as Tommy's. I think there's a pic of it in the "You and your ride" post somewhere.

Dave how many sponsors have you got lined up so far? How much would the front windshield cost? I'm thinking we can start a collection and put SF's name on it hehe