? for trailer pro or anybody else

Everything involved with getting to the track and working in the pits

Moderator: John_Heard

sc racing

? for trailer pro or anybody else

#1 Post by sc racing » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:47 am

Hey guys I have a 16ft econo open deck trailer I want to put some shocks on it. Do I need shocks on both axles or just one if just one do I put them on the front axle or the rear. Will any shock work ,gas or hyd ??? I can make mounts for any type of fittment I just dont know where to put them. Thanks

Trailerpro

Re: ? for trailer pro or anybody else

#2 Post by Trailerpro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 am

If you're going to put shocks on it, I'd put them on both axles. You can buy a u-bolt plate that has shock mounting holes on it already, then just weld a tab onto your trailer frame for the other end to bolt to. You can use either type of shock, really won't matter.

Why are you wanting to put shocks on it? The only time there's really a need for them is if you have a REALLY top-heavy trailer like an RV. If your just wanting to stiffen up the ride of a carhauler, you can put a heavier spring on it, and it will do much more good for the rocking back and forth than just adding shocks.

Hope this helps!

John T.

sc racing

Re: ? for trailer pro or anybody else

#3 Post by sc racing » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Just trying to reduce boucing a little ( I live on a dirt road) Thought it might be less wear and tear on the car and trailer.