Relay board and couple of other items

Press Releases for New Products and Services

Moderator: John_Heard

nitrousdave

Relay board and couple of other items

#1 Post by nitrousdave » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Hello everyone, John invited me here (thanks John) to post up a couple of products that I make.

The first one is a relay board. It has 5 20 amp and 5 40 amp relays. Each relay is individually fused (not included). It will work up to 16 volts. It has LED's on the inputs and outputs to indicate if the switch and relay are on or not. Hook up is simple, besides the 10 input and 10 output wires it requires only one small ground and the large 12V supply from the battery. It includes the board, mounting hardware, and ring terminals. Price is 100.00.

The next one is a ten second timer. It was originally developed so I could flow the fuel side of my nitrous system without having to have other people hold buttons or switches. It can be used with plate systems or foggers. The other major benefit to the timer is that it takes the nitrous solenoid out of the equation so that there is no chance of the motor accidentally ingesting nitrous while flowing the fuel system. Also, it is controlled by a digital microprocessor so the time is accurate and repeatable. Other uses include: flowing a fuel or nitrous system to check volume or by flowing both and recording the amount you can calculate the actual nitrous to fuel ratio of a particular kit. This one includes everything you see in the pictures, which is the timer and necessary harnesses to wire it to the vehicle and the nitrous solenoid. Price is 36.00.

The third one is what I call a nitrous/transbrake module. It was designed to allow you to wire up a nitrous kit (70 amp relay) and a trans brake (25 amp relay). It will lock out the nitrous while the transbrake (or line lock or a simple button) is on or with a flip of the switch allow each one to be used completely seperately. The nitrous side can be directly wired to any window switch that controls the ground if so desired, or just about any other combination of WOT switches, fuel pressure safety switches, and window switches. It also has LED's on the inuts and outputs. The pictures for this are of the prototype, finished units will be potted with black epoxy. Price is 55.00. Currently I don't have stock of this one so they would have to be pre-ordered with a deposit.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am also on Yellowbullet under the same name and there is a thread there with additional info on the relay board. Thanks, Dave
Attachments
N2O_Tbrake #32.jpg
N2o_Tbrake #22.jpg
N2O_Tbrake #12.jpg

chpcamaro

Re: Relay board and couple of other items

#2 Post by chpcamaro » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 pm

looks like something that could be very useful keep us updated and do you have any instructions
thank you
rob
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Neat Stuff Dave - that flow testing timer is real good too. You'll easily spend more than that buying a industrial timer or a digiset to use for a flow test timer, that's a bargain. Like the relay board too, I'll probably be in touch with you on one of those later this year.

mytmouz

#4 Post by mytmouz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:00 am

Quick question. Are the relays no, nc, or a combination? I see the potential to lose 10) yrds of the spaghetti I have now...
Trucks are for haulin...

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 am

Dave there is one thing I noticed that I do have a concern about on the relay board. Are those inputs a connector or little screws that hold a bare wire? Any issues with those loosening up due to vibration?

rich

#6 Post by rich » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:25 am

i'd like more info on the relay panel also looks like a good christmas gift to me

nitrousdave

#7 Post by nitrousdave » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:32 pm

I have instructions for the timer. I also have instructions for the relay board, but they could really use some updating.

The relays are NO.

The inputs are a screw connector that you insert a wire into. Loosening isn't really a problem, I have a similar connector on the relay board in my car and I just checked them after 5 or so years and none were loose enough to pull out the wire. Yeah, I was able to get a half turn or so on a couple but that was it. Having said that though, checking them once or twice a year wouldn't be a bad idea.

Rich, what would you like to know? It's easier to answer specific questions, rather than posting random things I think you might want to know.

rich

#8 Post by rich » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:41 pm

who makes it what are the demensions like to see the wiring digram and instructions i'd explain more but had shoulder surgury so i only have my left arm to type with

nitrousdave

#9 Post by nitrousdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:52 pm

I make all the items I posted. It's 4.8 by 9 inches and about 3 inches tall when mounted. I attached the instructions but keep in mind they are old and need updated. Are you wanting a wiring diagram on how to wire the board?
Attachments
relay board instructions.zip
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 484 times

rich

#10 Post by rich » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:49 am

yes a wiring diagram would help how do i purchase the relay board check money order??

nitrousdave

#11 Post by nitrousdave » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:50 am

You could send me a check or money order or I also use Paypal. I'll try and work on a diagram but it will probably take a couple days.

nitrousdave

#12 Post by nitrousdave » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Haven't had time yet to work on diagrams, but I did finish some nitrous/transbrake modules and thought I'd post some pics.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#13 Post by John_Heard » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:47 pm

I see the relay on the transbrake board, what's the IC do? Are you opto coupling the Nitrous interupt with that or ?

nitrousdave

#14 Post by nitrousdave » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:02 pm

They are both relays, the big one is the 70 amp for the nitrous and the smaller one is the 30 amp for the transbrake. The little switch can be used to turn off the nitrous lock out feature as well so that each relay could be used regardless of the state of the other one. This board can be used for many things besides nitrous and a transbrake, basically it is just a 2 relay board.

chpcamaro

#15 Post by chpcamaro » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 pm

hey dave
did you ever get a diagram on how it is wired i am very interested in getting one from you
thanks
rob :mrgreen:
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com