a questions for marty

One of the most critical areas of a automatic race car

Moderator: Marty Chance

chpcamaro

a questions for marty

#1 Post by chpcamaro » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:33 pm

hey marty
i have a question i think i know my answer but i figured i would get input from someone who is a expert in this field.
ok i plan on running nitrous only around 200-250 shot but i will also be running motor often ok my question is should i use a converter that will work better on the nitrous then motor or visa versa
also how much time will i give up with a tighter converter if i go with a converter for nitrous when on motor
i hope i explained this so that it makes sense
thank you
rob

here's some quick info on the motor if it helps

572 tall deck 15.1 comp. it will be a plate nitrous system, rpm around 7500
the car weighs 2700 w/me, 4.11 gears, p/g, 30 in tire. if you need something else just ask
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

Marty Chance

Re: a questions for marty

#2 Post by Marty Chance » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 pm

It is difficult to give you a simple answer because there are many veriables that change the outcome so the answer is different for every vehicle and i do not want to confuse all who read this post . First when bracket racing are you 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile ? When using nitrous do you launch on it or use it only in high gear? When using the nitrous are you racing heads up , index or bracket ? What does your converter stall on the brake? what rpm do you shift and what rpm does it drop to after the shift? All of this has an effect on whether you can get by with the converter you have now or whether you need a nitrous specific converter. The bottom line always comes down to how important is it to you that the car run to 'PEAK' performance with the nitrous ? If you are just playing around with the nitrous and you want to see the car pick up , you may not want to invest in a second converter just for nitrous or if you are a serious bracket racer , you may not want to mess up a combination in the converter that is winning rounds for you just to have the option of playing with some nitrous. I would encourage all who read this , if you are in a simular situation call me and i will gladly go over you specifics and help you determine whether you need a second converter or whether a single converter will accomplish your goals(regardless of what brand converter you run)
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Home of the World's Fastest Automatic Doorslammers!
www.racingconverters.com

Marty Chance

#3 Post by Marty Chance » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 pm

sorry i forgot to post my phone number 316-542-9869 monday - thursday 7am to 5pm central time
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Home of the World's Fastest Automatic Doorslammers!
www.racingconverters.com

chpcamaro

#4 Post by chpcamaro » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:47 pm

hey marty
i will give you a call i have heard nothing but good things about you so i will be getting my convert from you
thank you
rob
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com