Well here is my Marty Chance question....

One of the most critical areas of a automatic race car

Moderator: Marty Chance

Scott Coxwell

Well here is my Marty Chance question....

#1 Post by Scott Coxwell » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:02 am

Marty, what do you expect my slippage to be on the billet converter I got from you with a 300+250+ shot in the 1/8th. The new car will be ready next month so we will get the exact #'s then. Just gimme your best W.A.G.

Scott
ImageImageImageImage

Marty Chance

Re: Well here is my Marty Chance question....

#2 Post by Marty Chance » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Scott sorry for the long response time (i'm such a slacker!) Approx 10% but there are a few things that will effect it , such as where you shifted into high gear. If you are geared so as to shift just before the finish line , your data rcorder will show a higher percent of slippage because the converter spikes the slippage on the shift and if you just shifted before the finish line your converter will not have had time to recover the shift , but if you run a lot of gear reduction for 1/8 mile it will lock the converter up better and show a lesser amount of slippage.
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Home of the World's Fastest Automatic Doorslammers!
www.racingconverters.com

bracketracer

#3 Post by bracketracer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:20 am

Marty, So by shifting early or late will change the amount of slip in the converter at the stripe?? :scratch:I have a logger in my car so I should see this..
Last edited by bracketracer on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marty Chance

#4 Post by Marty Chance » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:59 am

Bracketracer , the original question posted by Scott Coxwell was on an 1/8 mile heads up nitrous car and my answer was directed more along the lines of rear end gearing as aposed to intentionally short shifting. You may see a small change in rpm or slippage by short shifting but I dont think it will be a big difference , of course on the nat. asp . motor it will depend on the torque curve of the motor and how "short" you shift
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Home of the World's Fastest Automatic Doorslammers!
www.racingconverters.com