Color Choice.

All about making her shine

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Color Choice.

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 am

Well most of you are used to seeing my car with the Le Mans Blue paint, but just recently, out of the kindness of their hearts, some primer and Hugger Orange paint was donated to my car project.
Hugger orange would have been my second pick but now it looks like it's going to be the color.

"COULD NOT GET PICTURE TO SHOW SO I DELETED IT...SORRY"

Now keep in mind, it has a new rear spoiler, which is not in the picture and also, it's going to get the "Z" stripes, and even though I wanted white stripes, I guess I'll be correct and give it black stripes. All factory trim will also be put back on, wheel well moldings, gills on the quarters, and the spears down on the rocker panels.

What do you think?
Last edited by Bruce69Camaro on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

mytmouz

Re: Color Choice.

#2 Post by mytmouz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:17 am

Can't see the photochop, as it says you are not licensed to show it elsewhere, but hugger orange is nice. I had a 69 rs that was that color, with white stripes and a black vinyl top, pretty sure it was the original paint back then, so if you want white stripes, I say go for it...
Trucks are for haulin...

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 am

I'll try to get the picture posted, that's funny because it worked when I preview the posting.

Anyhow, you don't have any pictures of that combo do you? Did it look good?

I was told that wasn't a color choice because they normally match the stripe color to the vinyl top but now you really have me wanting the white stripes.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

sc racing

#4 Post by sc racing » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 am

Worked on a 69 convertible Hugger orange with white top and white stripes looked really nice,besides its your car paint it whatever color combo you like :mrgreen:

Bruce69Camaro

#5 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:05 am

The problem is, I've seen many orange with black top and black stripes but I've never seen orange with a black top and white stripes.
Someone did a photoshop job of this combo and to me it didn't look right to me so I wanted to see an actual picture of one first.
I've seen the combo your talking about except it was a white vinyl top not a vert and that's a nice combo.

Mike Peters

#6 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Thought we had this discussion before...... Don't friggin' paint it white stripes w/ a black vinyl top or I'll disown ya from the friggin' family and you and your friggin' figure-skating tu-tu wearin' azz can drive that rainbow-mobile to candyland with all the other Brian Boitano wannabees. Got it? Heck, might as well just go for the whole Liberace badge and paint it pink. Man up, paint the stripes to match the top and grab a Miller Lite. Oh, and Brucey...........have a great day brother. :lol:
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

Bruce69Camaro

#7 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm telling mom your being mean to me again.....

You just can't stand the fact that she likes me more, can you?

She even made me the tu-tu I wear when I'm playing hockey, what did she make you?

Oh that's right, you couldn't find a jock small enough so she made one out of a peanut shell for you
and you're still mad about that :pissed:

Hey bro, have a good weekend.

Eat some green beans for me.

mytmouz

#8 Post by mytmouz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 pm

NO,I was too dumb to take pics then, thought I would have them forever. I also have had a 68 Camaro, green with white stripes and a blacktop,and a 71 Chevelle with the same color combo...
Trucks are for haulin...

wikd69

#9 Post by wikd69 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 pm

I've been considering new paint for the Camaro one of these days - not a clue as to what to pick out...

I saw a new 18-wheeler of all things on the freeway some months back with an absolutely *electric* purple paint scheme that just popped... I might consider something along those lines. Nothing conventional Camaro tho, it'll have to be a one-off.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

chpcamaro

#10 Post by chpcamaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 pm

well my camaro started off hugger orange which i like a lot but i got bored with the straight color and looking like everyone else. just remember bruce your not restoring it your building a race car/street car so make it stand out everyone has strips. one day you will be standing next to your car and some guy will walk up to you and say where is tom and your going to say tom who and he will say tom that owns this camaro lol and you will say it's my car not toms oh sorry looks just like his grrrr. i have been there done that it suck even worst when someone walks up and opens your door and goes to get in and you say hey the hell are you doing and the guys tells you mark told me to pull his car forward and then you say get the hell out of my car and he says oh sorry thought it was marks car grrrrrrrrr get my point lol
be different so when it goes down the street everyone says hey there goes bruce not tom,mark,frank, mike just bruce's camaro :thumb:

see the guy on the phone he was calling tom asking tom if my car was his thats why my friend has the look on his face he couldn't believe this guy didn't believe me grrr
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

chpcamaro

#11 Post by chpcamaro » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:36 pm

here it is now you won't mistake it now
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS