In the begining, God created the Camaro....

All about making her shine

Moderator: John_Heard

Message
Author
User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#31 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:31 am

UPDATE: 10/3/11

Friday things started off good, I got my fiberglass bumper for Advantage Fiberglass mounted ands the fit up was right on. I modified my original bumper brackets to accept dzus fasteners.

Then I mounted my electric water pump and sure enough, when I went to power it up, my battery was dead, so I need to charge it back up.

Saturday I picked up the doors and dropped off the front sheet-metal. The doors looked great and Nelson said to give him a week or two and the front stuff will be done.

I started with the driver door and got it hung and the alignment was pretty close, so after a few tweaks it was where I liked it, so I went and put on the door gasket and this is where my troubles began. The door would not close tight, so after looking at things for a little, I decided to take them back off and leave them off, it's a race car right?

Now I was mad I wasted $60.00 on these gaskets, and decided to move onto the outer door handle and sure enough, the pin that pushed on the door latch mechanism wasn't long enough, so I decided to make one and I finally got it to work.

So then I decide to move onto something real easy, I mounted the side view mirror, I figured nothing would go wrong here and that was my easiest task of the day.

Does anyone see a problem with me NOT using the door gaskets? Speakup now or forever hold your peace....
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#32 Post by wikd69 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:45 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:UPDATE: 10/3/11

Friday things started off good, I got my fiberglass bumper for Advantage Fiberglass mounted ands the fit up was right on. I modified my original bumper brackets to accept dzus fasteners.

Then I mounted my electric water pump and sure enough, when I went to power it up, my battery was dead, so I need to charge it back up.

Saturday I picked up the doors and dropped off the front sheet-metal. The doors looked great and Nelson said to give him a week or two and the front stuff will be done.

I started with the driver door and got it hung and the alignment was pretty close, so after a few tweaks it was where I liked it, so I went and put on the door gasket and this is where my troubles began. The door would not close tight, so after looking at things for a little, I decided to take them back off and leave them off, it's a race car right?

Now I was mad I wasted $60.00 on these gaskets, and decided to move onto the outer door handle and sure enough, the pin that pushed on the door latch mechanism wasn't long enough, so I decided to make one and I finally got it to work.

So then I decide to move onto something real easy, I mounted the side view mirror, I figured nothing would go wrong here and that was my easiest task of the day.

Does anyone see a problem with me NOT using the door gaskets? Speakup now or forever hold your peace....
I think that once things get settled in it'll start rattling and banging if the door gasket is not there... It sorta acts like a cushion and a seal.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#33 Post by sc racing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:30 am

Soft Seal weatherstrip will fit and the doors will close, I have run into this several times with other brands, the only disadvantage will be the inside will get wet when you was the car.

User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#34 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:39 am

UPDATE: 10/5/11

I forgot to give an update, I put the door seals back on and gave the doors a little slam and they shut.

I was told to let them closed for a few days to "crush" the seals and as time goes on, they will get better.

Was told by a buddy that I should put them on to help tire smoke from getting inside the car. The water issue
never even came across my mind, thanks.

Now get back to working on the Fire Chicken!

Oh by the way, the car looks good and I'm real proud of the paint job Nelson is doing on the car.
He said the front end stuff might be back this weekend, but will be for sure, by next weekend.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#35 Post by wikd69 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:57 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:UPDATE: 10/5/11

...Fire Chicken...
??????????????????
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#36 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

SC own's a Fire Chicken (Firebird), does he not?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#37 Post by wikd69 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:SC own's a Fire Chicken (Firebird), does he not?

Ah, silly me. You're correct. LOL
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#38 Post by sc racing » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:42 am

I didnt think about the tire smoke :scratch:. Thats how long its been since I did a burnout.
Bruce the weather is getting nice now Im getting itchy, I was at the garage yesterday where my car is and I did look at it........thats a start :roll:

User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#39 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:06 am

Hey SC, am I allowed to ask how old you are?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#40 Post by sc racing » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey SC, am I allowed to ask how old you are?
Sure you can ask . Why?

User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#41 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 am

Well I wanted to check first to make sure that you were younger then me and if so, I'd be your elder and as being your elder, I order you to get back working on the Fire Chicken!

But then I realized, the only person older then me on this site is probably Harry...but then again, Harry is older then everyone on this site :smt005 :smt005
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#42 Post by sc racing » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Well I wanted to check first to make sure that you were younger then me and if so, I'd be your elder and as being your elder, I order you to get back working on the Fire Chicken!

But then I realized, the only person older then me on this site is probably Harry...but then again, Harry is older then everyone on this site :smt005 :smt005
I was just wondering now I see the relivance, I just turned 43 about 3 weeks ago. I feel like Im 73 but I act like Im 23 :smt003

User avatar
Bruce69Camaro
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am
Location: PA

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#43 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 am

I'm not much older then you, but in the end, I'm still your elder.

I'll be 49 in Dec. but the good news is, Harry is still much older then us! :smt005

Here's a new update, the painted front end will be back this coming weekend.

All that is left is the hood and according to Nelson, he would like to get the black stripes on this
year as well.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#44 Post by wikd69 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:I'm not much older then you, but in the end, I'm still your elder.

I'll be 49 in Dec. but the good news is, Harry is still much older then us! :smt005

Here's a new update, the painted front end will be back this coming weekend.

All that is left is the hood and according to Nelson, he would like to get the black stripes on this
year as well.
"Much" older ?

booger LOL
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: In the begining, God created the Camaro....

#45 Post by sc racing » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 am

Hey Bruce hes going to stripe it AFTER its all together right?
Age is just a number right? :nutkick:
Its ok to be older than everybody Harry it means your smarter that all of us. :-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest