Any info on the new Mobil 1 Racing oil?

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

maydayneal

Any info on the new Mobil 1 Racing oil?

#1 Post by maydayneal » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:18 pm

I've been a Mobil 1 guy for many years now in my SUV and Truck. Thinking about my choice of oil for the race machine.....I started with Mobil 1 and found that they are bringing a new formula to the market for racing. I inquired about purchasing and it is to be available online before the end of the month. The latest technology in oil is moving towards the lighter viscosities to increase HP and this formula is offered in 0W-20 & 0W-30.....adding twice the amount of zinc/phosphorus to enhance the anti-wear properties in the oil. See the link below.

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Motor ... _Oils.aspx

Any thoughts?
Mayday (aka Neal)

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Any info on the new Mobil 1 Racing oil?

#2 Post by John_Heard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:29 am

Interesting that they are only going to be available for sale through their online store. I'd like to see a good product and wear comparision between the new oil and say Castrol Edge, Royal Purple, Redline, etc.

maydayneal

#3 Post by maydayneal » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:53 am

John_Heard wrote:Interesting that they are only going to be available for sale through their online store. I'd like to see a good product and wear comparision between the new oil and say Castrol Edge, Royal Purple, Redline, etc.
That would be nice....seems most of what I find on the net related to comparisons is with Amsoil. I found some good "racing oil" related info on the Joe Gibbs oil site....they give lots of attention to educating you about oil and additives.....I find it very interesting and informative.

http://www.joegibbsracingoil.com/index.html
Mayday (aka Neal)

dadnova

#4 Post by dadnova » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 pm

We took apart my friends engine the other day after running it for over 10 years and he uses Mobile 1 oil, it looked like it was just built, no ridge rings in cylinders, cam and lifters looked great, short shifting helped but I was amazed at its condition after running it for so many years of use.

He made me a believer.
Gotta plan, spend it before she can, and go as fast as you can.

maydayneal

#5 Post by maydayneal » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:19 pm

dadnova wrote:We took apart my friends engine the other day after running it for over 10 years and he uses Mobile 1 oil, it looked like it was just built, no ridge rings in cylinders, cam and lifters looked great, short shifting helped but I was amazed at its condition after running it for so many years of use.

He made me a believer.
Which weight?....and what engine was this?
Mayday (aka Neal)