pro comp bbc heads

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

427belair

pro comp bbc heads

#1 Post by 427belair » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:35 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the pro comp brand of heads? A buddy of mine works at a local speed shop and told me about them, he said they flow better than his iron heads he had a lot of port work done to and they look like nice castings, but it sounds too good to be true with the price.

fishman

#2 Post by fishman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:37 am

save your money to many problems with he castings right now go for a known brand like afr,brodix.edelbrock at leats u r getting a product that is american made and has good warranty and u will will be looked after

sc racing

#3 Post by sc racing » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:35 pm

I heard pro comps are designed after the old pro action heads now RHS.Ive been looking at every kind of head out there trying to get the best deal for my $$$. I dont know anyone that has them but I wouldnt dout what fishman said ,they are probably cast overseas somewhere.

ytnova

#4 Post by ytnova » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:36 am

I believe they are cast in the same foundry as the old pro-actions in australia. I have the pro-actions and I am very pleased with them, but I did not use them out of the box, I had mike felber at felber race engines port and go through them. You can contact him as well as champion race heads, they have both set up some pro-comps for some of the local guys and have had good results with them.

dadnova

#5 Post by dadnova » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:32 am

I had a set on my last engine SBC and had no problems with them, however the power I gained in going to my AFR's was worth the money.
The heads were given to my son who installed them on his engine as they are better then his heads he now has.