New post, lots of cubes, compression, cam, and big heads...

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

DRAG GTA

New post, lots of cubes, compression, cam, and big heads...

#1 Post by DRAG GTA » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:47 pm

Decided to start a new thread b/c I've made up my mind to sell the motor I have and start fresh. I'm looking into a dart little M block w/ a 4.125 bore. 15* heads, and a solid roller. This will still be F.I. Obviously a converted single plane intake w/ a 90* elbow for a TB.

There's only one problem, I'm used to dealing w/ standard 23* stuff and rpms below 6800. So I'm a little lost on where to begin. I was talking to a local racer and he was running an old malibu w/ less than 400 cubes 15* heads on race gas and went 10.0x in a 3400# car. I was very impressed by this, but he wasn't volunteering any more info about his combo. So I need a lot of help. Basically looking to make similar power as he did.

His was a carb'd motor. Mine will have over 400 ci. and weight a little less. Any help or suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDougherty

#2 Post by JohnDougherty » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:40 am

Maybe you can get one of these with some changes.(compression ratio and camshaft profile)
http://www.rehermorrison.com/superSeries/412Start.htm
I havnet sat done and priced all the parts out, but it sure seems like a deal.

DRAG GTA

#3 Post by DRAG GTA » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:09 am

I enjoy building my own to much. Looks like a decent price, but I think I can make more w/ less money putting it together myself.