headers

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

lrisner

headers

#1 Post by lrisner » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 pm

Hello

I have a 66 chevy II sedan that I have put a TCI front frame on. I now am having trouble finding headers. The engine builder is saying I need to use 1 7/8 with adapter plates on the heads.

All the traditonal makers are not able to help. Has anyone had the TCI frame and what headers did you use? If you used 1 3/4 tell me. I may have to sacrifice 1/8 of primary.

I'd rather not use fendr well versions.

Larry

MOKANRACER

I used a TCI CLIP

#2 Post by MOKANRACER » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Used one on my 62 ChevyII. Only header at the time was being distb,d by Sachserodshop. And a couple hundred less than any one elese.Coated. I think you can see apic in my Kracon Link. I,ll look up the p/n for you. But I think they were 1 3/4. Work ok for my set up. Yeah ,check out 2nd page (next) of that Kracon link I,m using for pic,s of the headers. S$S Page 89 p/n 5205. sacse rod shop . The price is way up now.To $500 for coated.I got mine for $295....Thats why I went with them. TCI found out they fit my clip from them,and got with S&S and started selling theirs for their TCI application, and drove the price up,.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Roger what was the deal with those Nova headers of mine you tried - I forgot, did they hit something?

MOKANRACER

Your headers

#4 Post by MOKANRACER » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Beyond wrote:Roger what was the deal with those Nova headers of mine you tried - I forgot, did they hit something?
Seems like they fit ok. Dont remember for sure now. I know I had drivers side on. But dont remember why I didnt go with them,if they fit?? Maybe cause ,we didnt know the p/n??

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Larry those were small block headers for a 71 Nova, if you could find some to try they might fit your TCI clip, and I do know they make those in the bigger tubes.