N2O Activation Issues ???

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

79 Camaro

#16 Post by 79 Camaro » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:22 pm

I just wasnt sure what the 3000psi meant, I just dont want one to blow off on me :shock:

Thanks guys

Adam
"THE THROTTLE IS THE DEVIL" By Mr. Willis
"ALL I SEEN WAS HOOD!" By Mr. Heard
MAKO RS-1979
Sponsored By:
Total Removal Contracting-Tim Rogers

TOMT

#17 Post by TOMT » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:49 pm

71 Nova wrote:Thanks guys. A lot to think about here. We all want to keep racing a long time.

Checked out the linkage tonite, and the N2O switch was properly positioned and picked up when I manually actuated the throttle by hand. But what I did tonite find was, when I activated the N2O switch by pushing on the gas pedal, I found that it was just barely picking up. So if I didn't have the throttle mashed to the floor or released it slightly under acceleration, it might have only temporarily picked up. With the heat at the strip (100 deg vs. 65 deg tonite), it was probably even more marginal. Guess I messed up the adjustment when I was changing the converter and didn't check it afterward. Some testing is in order this weekend. Also, I noticed that the arm on the microswitch is kinda sloppy and could possibly slip off the throttle linkage, so I am going to replace it. Any suggestions for a switch to fit a Speed Demon DP 750?
8-) 8-) I dont use any micros now.... all on manual buttons.. But when we used to run a Plate n Fogger setup I had one mounted at the carb.
BUT it wasnt a 12volt toy one. Try going to an electrical supply place, have a look at the 230volt n up Micros. They are much beefer, have far better contacts, stronger arms etc.... and they will run 12-16volt easy!!!! I,m an industrial Engineer so came across these workin with sparkies.. They are good!!!
We use 2 pushbutton micros for transbrake and NOS activation but they are mounted to either side of the steering wheel, They are 400volt micros at 120amp. Never had a prob with them!
8-)
Work is a necessery evil, I,d rather be racing!
351 Motorsport
Glide
8.8s 175Nos
Street Legal
Lack of funds :)

sunsation540

#18 Post by sunsation540 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 pm

what kit is this and what are you using for relays, you could have a voltage drop and not so much of a switch problem... just a note when i wire the relays up for nitrous kits run the power direct to the sol and supply the ground to the relay through the throttle switch the current helps close the relay rather than oposing rember current flowes out the neg in the pos!
make a plan and stick to it !!