nitrous solenoid question

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

jshiver

nitrous solenoid question

#1 Post by jshiver » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:20 am

I am in the process of installing a Cheater kit on my car and I have problems.. :8O: ..I am mounting the solenoids directly to the plate by using a swivel connector.Here is the problem...The nitrous solenoid is soo long with the connector that it is hitting the distributor :( . My question is...can the nitrous solenoid have a piece of flex hose (high pressure stainless braided "nitrous" line) on it and the fuel solenoid be directly connected to the plate? Will this make the initial hit too fat, since the distances between the solenoids are different? This is going to be on a 200 hp shot max...Any suggestions?
It's not the nitrous that causes problems...it's the noggin

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:58 am

Should work fine, nitrous moves really fast compared to fuel. I wouldn't go crazy with the line length like mounting the N2O solenoid on a fenderwell with the Fuel one at the plate, but a short line on it will work fine.

ron

solenoid

#3 Post by ron » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:00 pm

like he said..it works fine..if you can measure the difference in hit with a 6 inch line vs mounted to plate you got a truly well built machine...but use hard lines if you can..less drag internally than a flex line..

jshiver

#4 Post by jshiver » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:54 am

One question about using hard lines....If there was so much "drag" in a braided line, How come they use it for a feed line instead of hard lines? :wink:
Thanks for everyone's help..I really appreciate it :)
It's not the nitrous that causes problems...it's the noggin

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:04 am

It's a lot harder to route the hard line, harder to hook up to the bottle, etc. The real benefit to hard line is that it doesn't have the nasty restrictions for the fitting inserts that the braided line has.