street/strip compression

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Post Reply
Message
Author
jaspermaggie
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Plano Texas

street/strip compression

#1 Post by jaspermaggie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:56 am

I am going with new pistions what would be petter 9.72.1 or 10.63.1 for a street/strip with 100-150 shot. What gas will I use.
My car is not as fast as I think it is.

silvanova
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:55 am
Location: KY

Re: street/strip compression

#2 Post by silvanova » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 am

10.63 is what id go with. Depends on what your gona do with it really u might think about going higher. Whats been done to the motor?
5.004 @142.6

jaspermaggie
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Plano Texas

Re: street/strip compression

#3 Post by jaspermaggie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:52 am

not much doing a rebuild. 355 or 383. Forged pistons forged rods cast or forged crank. 195 64cc trickflow heads. comp cam 274 or nitrous cam around 230-240 480-496. rpm airgap 750 holley th350 3000 7.73.
My car is not as fast as I think it is.

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: street/strip compression

#4 Post by sc racing » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Pump gas or race gas?

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: street/strip compression

#5 Post by wikd69 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:28 pm

jaspermaggie wrote:not much doing a rebuild. 355 or 383. Forged pistons forged rods cast or forged crank. 195 64cc trickflow heads. comp cam 274 or nitrous cam around 230-240 480-496. rpm airgap 750 holley th350 3000 7.73.
7.73 ? As in 7.73:1 gears ?
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

User avatar
sc racing
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Location: Sahuartia Az

Re: street/strip compression

#6 Post by sc racing » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:43 pm

wikd69 wrote:
jaspermaggie wrote:not much doing a rebuild. 355 or 383. Forged pistons forged rods cast or forged crank. 195 64cc trickflow heads. comp cam 274 or nitrous cam around 230-240 480-496. rpm airgap 750 holley th350 3000 7.73.
7.73 ? As in 7.73:1 gears ?
I think he means 3.73:1, if not I guess he's running 60ft only :lol:

User avatar
wikd69
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Location: Rocklin, CA
Contact:

Re: street/strip compression

#7 Post by wikd69 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 pm

sc racing wrote:
wikd69 wrote:
jaspermaggie wrote:not much doing a rebuild. 355 or 383. Forged pistons forged rods cast or forged crank. 195 64cc trickflow heads. comp cam 274 or nitrous cam around 230-240 480-496. rpm airgap 750 holley th350 3000 7.73.
7.73 ? As in 7.73:1 gears ?
I think he means 3.73:1, if not I guess he's running 60ft only :lol:
Well, I've known people running 6.30's, etc., though I can't imagine that sort of gear reduction. I don't have enough time on the track to know what's typical with different classes and/or engine/trans/gear/build combo's. I'm constantly amazed by the stuff I see here on the forum. Life is more fun when you have a child-like mind like I do :smt003
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest