best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

1quickchevy2

Re: Fuel plumbing

#17 Post by 1quickchevy2 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Here's even a cheeper fitting that can be used as a bleed. I think i'll be picking a couple of these up!
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

1quickchevy2

#18 Post by 1quickchevy2 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Hello John, if your still following this one!
What would you think of this magnafuel fuel log
with this fuel pressure regulator, since i already own it.
to set the log pressure, and then 2 of the APD regulators stitting on top of the log, one to feed the carb, and one for the fuel solenoid (with a by pass jet at the inlet fitting, returning to tank). At least then i can tune the Nitrous kit fuel pressure independantly. I Also realize the log only has an inlet on one end, but i'd get an outlet machined in.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#19 Post by John_Heard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:27 am

The log is fine, now on that bypass regulator I'm not sure. Sam (Tubbedtruck67) has that same one I think and it didn't work right in the configuration he had at first, but he just posted that he got it working right as a bypass regulator, he didn't mention how he set it up finally. - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2273

On the carb and nitrous regulators, it's very hard to beat the cheap holley 12-803's. If you're going to play with high pressure on the fuel for the nitrous, you'll need a modifed holley with a different spring in it. Pro Systems and Jeff Prock Nitrous sells those modified ones. That APD regulator I was referring to was a bypass regulator, not sure how well it would work as a carb or nitrous one, never tried that.

TubbedTruck67

#20 Post by TubbedTruck67 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 pm

1quickchevy2 wrote:Hello John, if your still following this one!
What would you think of this magnafuel fuel log
with this fuel pressure regulator, since i already own it.
to set the log pressure, and then 2 of the APD regulators stitting on top of the log, one to feed the carb, and one for the fuel solenoid (with a by pass jet at the inlet fitting, returning to tank). At least then i can tune the Nitrous kit fuel pressure independantly. I Also realize the log only has an inlet on one end, but i'd get an outlet machined in.

Its easy to use that magna fuel log and that 13204 regulator I just did it on my car. I dont know how to put a picture of it up I can try and see if I can have somebody help me. You will need a $40 fitting to make it work though the 10an oring style seal male threaded coupler to conect the regulator to the outlet of the log.

1quickchevy2

#21 Post by 1quickchevy2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:08 pm

oh ok good to know that someone has it in use. Does it have ports on both ends and the top, or just the one end?? If you could get that pick up it'd be appriciated. Also, good call on the pro-systems modified regulators. They were great to deal with when they built my carb, I might just have to call them up and give them a bit more of my business

chpcamaro

#22 Post by chpcamaro » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:27 pm

hey john
i was wondering if this works i saw someone using the same regulator for the carb and nitrous i have always used a second regulator but would that work all right it was a bypass regulator and he said he was running them both at 8 psi and a 500gph pump
any input on this
thanks
rob
67 Camaro RS/SS

1quickchevy2

#23 Post by 1quickchevy2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Ya chp, i had mine set up that was before when i was running 150shot with NOS cheater plate, with no problems. Since i'm going for twice that now i kind of want the tuning ability. I'd be good to find out if others got away with one regulator, and up to what h.p on the motor and what size kit.???

John_Heard
Site Admin

#24 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 am

chpcamaro wrote:hey john
i was wondering if this works i saw someone using the same regulator for the carb and nitrous i have always used a second regulator but would that work all right it was a bypass regulator and he said he was running them both at 8 psi and a 500gph pump
any input on this
thanks
rob
I don't really like the idea...

A) What if you want to drop your nitrous fuel pressure to say 5? or run it up to 10? You can't do it. With that setup you would have to change jets to make changes to your N/F ratio vs doing much fine tuning with fuel pressure.
B) To much draw on a single regulator? when the carb needle and seats open and shut it's going to likely change the nitrous pressure some - how much I don't know?

HPDRIFTER

Return Spring vs. Accelator Pump Arm

#25 Post by HPDRIFTER » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:11 am

John (et al),
I noticed that your return spring and carb setup look similar to mine, but much $$$$er.
The other day I noticed that the spring housing on my accelerator pump arm is hitting
the diagional tube on the return spring bracket. I have PSI Super Bowls; that may be the problem.
You might check yours, though, to be sure it isn't hitting.
Sid
Wichita

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Return Spring vs. Accelator Pump Arm

#26 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

HPDRIFTER wrote:John (et al),
I noticed that your return spring and carb setup look similar to mine, but much $$$$er.
The other day I noticed that the spring housing on my accelerator pump arm is hitting
the diagional tube on the return spring bracket. I have PSI Super Bowls; that may be the problem.
You might check yours, though, to be sure it isn't hitting.
Sid
Wichita
Thanks for the note Sid, but it's ok. Real close but it clears the pump arm.

TubbedTruck67

#27 Post by TubbedTruck67 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I have somebody coming over tonight to help me put up a pic of how I did my fuel log. It should be posted later today or tomaro. 8-)

camaroman9

#28 Post by camaroman9 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:29 pm

here's the pics of tubbedtruck's setup he's got on the wagon.

C&S carbureted 388 SBC, PT106, TH400, e85
http://www.timsbodyandglass.com
Special thanks to:
Bentune Performance & Fabrication (417)483-5584
Performance Coatings + (417)439-0546
C&R Transmission (417)736-2191

1quickchevy2

#29 Post by 1quickchevy2 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Wow awsome Pics, thanks alot man i was wondering if there was enough room between the holes to turn the regulators, or have to go with the double female swivel fitting. One more quick question seeing you have the same regulator as me did you have to use a -10 strait cut orb to a -10 strait cut orb fitting??? or just a -10 orb strait into the regulator and a -10 with the 45 degree taper into the log??? I've never personally seen the fuel log. Did it come with -10 openings on both ends or did you have to machine one end??? Sorry for all the questions but i wanna buy all the fittings the first time, i have to get all my parts shipped. No speed shops here! I also ordered my pro sysems modded regulators today that'll sit on the log!

chpcamaro

#30 Post by chpcamaro » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am

wow very nice set up look clean thank u for the pictures
rob :mrgreen:
67 Camaro RS/SS