One Pump or Two?

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

BBC71Nova

One Pump or Two?

#1 Post by BBC71Nova » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Ok, pretty soon I'll be ordering a new pump and I need to size it correctly. I'd rather just get a good one from the get go then have to upgrade later. I plan to add nitrous at some time after a few months of NA. Maybe a 250shot max.

I've considered getting the Product Engineering 460 pump/filter combo and running a frontend return style setup. I've seen some say that is better than using the return on the pump located in the back of the car. I also think this single pump should be plenty for basically any combo I choose. Is there a such thing as too much pump if you have a return setup?

I have read where others suggest a dual pump setup is much better for N20. Is that truely the case? Seems like a lot of extra wiring and plumbing to me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

jones_performance

#2 Post by jones_performance » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:10 pm

put the biggest pump you can in there. 2 pumps will eliminate any chance of losing fuel pressure when you hit the button. the nitrous needs around 5psi FLOWING so the pump has to keep up with that and feed the carb at the same time. i run a magna fuel prostar 500 combo pump and filter (same as prduct eng).
Kevin

Racer704

#3 Post by Racer704 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:58 pm

Like Kevin said just buy 1 large fuel pump as thats all most Pro Mods have and all I run on ours. I run a 4703 Magnafuel which is a FI pump but I want the higher pressure like FI .Plus you will be saving weight and draw on your battery and one less thing to go wrong.
Johnny B.

Chevyfireball

Re: One Pump or Two?

#4 Post by Chevyfireball » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:05 pm

I run a 632ci motor with two 1220 cfm dominators and two nitrous systems; 400hp & 300 hp - all run from a Magna 500 pump. Thats all ya need.
'It Ain't Over Til It's NOVA'