I need a new plate!

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

ytnova

I need a new plate!

#1 Post by ytnova » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Okay guys here is the deal, I currently run a 2 stage speedtech diffuser and have no problems with it. But, I am trying to run a class here local (real street) in which that plate is not alowed. The rules for a bbc are any single stage spray bar plate with a max of 1 fuel and 1 nitrous spray bar. Also a max nitrous jet of .073, and any brand super powershot type selenoid for the nitrous. You can run any fuel jet and any fuel selenoid. I have been doing some homework and found that the small edelbrock selenoid has a .078 orifice compared to the nos super powershot at a .073. So, obviously thats a good choice, but what about stepping a big shot plate down to a .073? Would a cheater plate be better? What about a edelbrock plate? They don't list a tune for a .073 jet, but I have jets, but do nos jets fit or are they nx style? My thought was to use a bigshot and jet it square at .073 and start around 6 psi, too rich? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to post up, drop me a pm. I am racing next weekend, Thanks-ED
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

mytmouz

Re: I need a new plate!

#2 Post by mytmouz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 pm

I have seen a lot of problems with the edelbrock solenoids not opening when the nitrous pressure is too high. Just something else to think about. The big shot plate sounds like a good choice as far as atomization with the extra holes in the bars, but I've not tried a small jet like that with one yet. IF you have a few days, I have the stuff to give it a test on the table top to see, but I start back on my 4 12's tomorrow, so it would be next week before I could try it...
Trucks are for haulin...

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Use the big shot plate and mount the solenoid directly to the plate, no feed lines = fewer restrictions, you'll just need some 1/8 pipe to 3 AN couplers. Hits nice and fast that way too.

On the jetting, square at 5.5 is going to be fat more than likely. I'd back off on the fuel down to a 68 or so at say 6 psi and see what the plugs look like. I'd bet you end up around a 66 fuel jet or so.

ytnova

#4 Post by ytnova » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Thanks for the info guys, the plate is enroute to the house and we will see what happens. I am not going to the track before the race next weekend, so I guess I wiil be tuning a little during qualifying. I let you know how it turns out.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.