2 stage question

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

zephyrc

2 stage question

#1 Post by zephyrc » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm

i am putting a 2nd stage on my car,, so will have a plate kit and a fogger.. they are run off timers with a low setting of the line and the bigger kit coming in later... iwhich kit should be first,, plate or fogger,, and why.. the plate kit is a bigshot.....
and i ran the car a few weeks ago using only the plate kit with jets for 150hp in it and it picked up 1.4 seconds and 19mph.. 11.1@120 to 9.87@139.. is this gain typical

mytmouz

Re: 2 stage question

#2 Post by mytmouz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Fogger off the line usually, they seem to shock the car less on the initial hit than the plate. And the slower the car initially, the bigger the gain on the hit...
Trucks are for haulin...

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: 2 stage question

#3 Post by John_Heard » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:20 pm

As mentioned fogger usually hits a bit softer if you have the same jet size in it. However if it works good with the plate now, then you can just bring the fogger in 2nd. A 400 shot would be nice :twisted:

Some cars pick up more than others, lots of factors come into play. Cars that are setup for nitrous on the converter, gear, etc. will tend to show the biggest improvement. That is a good gain for a 150 shot no doubt. As you add more the gains will be harder to get.