Nitrous And Transbrake Wiring Hookup

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

PROXT

Nitrous And Transbrake Wiring Hookup

#1 Post by PROXT » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 am

Hi I have just brought a NOS cheetah nitrous kit and wanting to hook it up. I also have these following parts to hook up. Also have a msd 7al3 ignition in car. Also are 20amp relays enough and what amp wire would you suggest. Is it possible for you to do me a diagram for all of this setup. I know one thing that with me on the transbrake with foot flat to the floor it would normally activate the micro switch. I know there must be a way around this. Any help would be much appreciated.

NOS Single Stage Plate System- Cheetah
Nitrous Progressive Controller Part # 15835BNOS
Purge
Nos Thermostatically Controlled Bottle Heater
Transbrake
Wot Switch
Fuel Pressure Switch

Would this diagram work ok.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/ ... .jpg[/img]

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Nitrous And Transbrake Wiring Hookup

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 am

Skip the fuel pressure switch, those are more trouble than they are worth and will give you headaches.

Diagram looks ok
I know one thing that with me on the transbrake with foot flat to the floor it would normally activate the micro switch. I know there must be a way around this.
Don't understand that statement - If you have your foot on the floor, the micro switch should be activated, however with the transbrake on, the nitrous should be off.

ytnova

#3 Post by ytnova » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:51 am

The transbrake interupt is just a pass through. Activating the transbrake breaks the connection between the micro switch and the progressive box, just make sure you use 87A and NOT 87 on the relay. Your wiring diagram is correct.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

supernova

#4 Post by supernova » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 am

I have my nitrous system wired through a delay box and it is activated on release of the trans brake. It is wired with a micro switch on the carb from the delay box through the switch to the nitrous controler. The delay box also controls the trans brake.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs