msd distributor

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

we kool

msd distributor

#1 Post by we kool » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:44 pm

can anyone tell me how to lock down the dist timing once the static timing is set,my timing is set at crank at 38 degrees and I,ve been told that the timing is still advancing and should be locked down for top end power ...Im confused any one that can enlighten me on this all I have is a msd dist and a 6a box not a 6al and no retard control YET HELP :?:

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: msd distributor

#2 Post by John_Heard » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:49 am

we kool wrote:can anyone tell me how to lock down the dist timing once the static timing is set,my timing is set at crank at 38 degrees and I,ve been told that the timing is still advancing and should be locked down for top end power ...Im confused any one that can enlighten me on this all I have is a msd dist and a 6a box not a 6al and no retard control YET HELP :?:
Most MSD distributors can be locked out (I think). On the ones I've seen you have to take the drive gear off pull the shaft off and rotate it (90 or 45? degrees) then put it back together. I'd sugguest going to the MSD web site and find the pdf installation instructions for your distributor model, it should tell you exactly how to lock your model out.

we kool

john thanks

#3 Post by we kool » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:38 pm

not trying to grease you up but I have read all the buildup of your car ,and I gota say your one smooth dude ,my nova is almnost like it except doing it with 10.5 on cal tracs right now just muscle till I get the right amount of time then gona spray 200 first and go from there oh yeah did I say car weights 2800 what ya think ???? too bad racing is over up there christmas to newsyears only time we close ,get tired of the cold comon down and go racing ,,,,,,thanks for msd info

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:32 am

LOL - I don't feel so smooth, but thanks for the comment.

I wish my car weighed 2800 and I could get away with running it there hehehe. I'd have to do a lot of work/$$ to get down that far loaded though.

Yeah we envy you guys that live where it's still warm, but at least we have an excuse to pull the cars all apart and mess with them for a few months.