Electrical Gremlins

General Gauges, Wiring, Ignition..

Moderator: John_Heard

Craig W.

Electrical Gremlins

#1 Post by Craig W. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:39 am

Had a poor day/night at the track yesterday, which was prefaced with a bad tnt night last Wednesday. Best pass yesterday was a 6.41@110. Its best from three weeks ago is 5.95@116.

Cuts out when on the bottle. I put a new coil in it, re-did all the grounds for the ignition and engine ground strap, went back to my old plate and old nitrous tune-up that ran well 3 weeks ago, narrowed up my plug gap, changed batteries...pretty much everything I could.

Went through two batteries yesterday, which its never done before. Barely got it started for eliminations and it promtly went slower on nitrous than what it can do on the motor.

I think I'm going to send the Programmable-7 box back to MSD to have it checked out. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the troubles, very fustrating I bet. Sounds like the box needs checked out, at least you know its not the coil. Why is it going through batterys? Not charging? That would cause problems on its own if the voltage is dropping.

Craig W.

#3 Post by Craig W. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Yeah, I've got to check into the charging system as well. There's something going on there and probably with the box too.

Very frustrating, tiring and expensive day just to go out and run terrible in eliminations. Should have stayed home.

At least I did finally find a copy of Autometer's Tach Facts software. LOL
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts