race car fuse block/relay board

General Gauges, Wiring, Ignition..

Moderator: John_Heard

gary m

race car fuse block/relay board

#1 Post by gary m » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:27 am

hi, i am going to be wiring my top sportsman car in a few months(i hope!) and am trying to decide on a good fuse block/relay board.i have the tim mcamis nitrous switch panel,but do not plan to run any nitrous now, but later on i will.the 2 fuse blocks/relay boards that i am considering are
painless performance 8 circuit w/ 30 amp relay p/n 5001
race wiring 5 wire input relay box with 5 fused circuits with 40 amp relays. the website is www.racewiring.com
both of these seem to be good products, i could master mind something else,but i want to get this done in a reasonable amount of time.about the only difference that i can see is that the painless perf kit comes with the wire where the race wire is just the fuse block.
any info would be helpful.also looking for pros/cons on each of these fuse blocks. THANKS gary m

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:53 am

I haven't personally used either products, but I know a number of racers that have used the Spaghetti Menders systems and love them.

Note: They might be suffering from delivery delays as have many other mfgs this year, I don't know if they are caught up yet or not but make sure and check on lead times.

oldskooloutlaw

Re: race car fuse block/relay board

#3 Post by oldskooloutlaw » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I have heard other guys ask this question as what brand of fuse block to use and I'll keep using, fuse blocks that already have circuit breakers from late model salvage cars. I know you have mega bucks in your car but I see no advantage in spending the money on parts that are no better or even look better, there are extra circuits and relays that you might have a use for later. This is just my opinion, I'm no high roller and I have to spread my cheese thin.
"If it ain't got 3 pedals it's not a hot rod "

supernova

Re: race car fuse block/relay board

#4 Post by supernova » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Check out the relay board that I have in two car and it works great.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2534

I'm running all the extra's on my car with it. Radiator fans, trans fan, water pump, gauges and gauge lights, fuel pump. And have room for a few more things.
Running the nitrous on it's own curcuit with added relays. It'a great board, easy to wire, cost less, works great.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs