MSD Programmable Digital 7 - 7530 or 7531?

General Gauges, Wiring, Ignition..

Moderator: John_Heard

BBC71Nova

MSD Programmable Digital 7 - 7530 or 7531?

#1 Post by BBC71Nova » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:52 pm

With the 7530 (non "Plus") model of the Programmable Digitial 7 can you still ramp in the timing for a gear? It seems like it from some of the descriptions. Is the "plus" version just additional data logging or does it have features that would be helpful other than that? I saw somewhere that all Digital 7 now have the 40Mhz processor so that isnt a plus if it is true. Wondering why spend the extra dough?

Thanks,
John

Craig W.

#2 Post by Craig W. » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:37 pm

The 7530 (non-plus) uses the launch curve in first gear and then the run curve can be used for gears 2-6. The newer boxes have curves for each gear I believe, so that's some added benefit
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

julven

#3 Post by julven » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:40 am

Not trying to highjack your theard.I have the plus version and haven't got real deep in to it but when programing each gear how is it done by most as far as activation. Do people most of the time put switches on the shifter or?? Or did i miss somthing in the directions. thanks

BBC71Nova

#4 Post by BBC71Nova » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:36 am

Cool. Any discussion on these Programmable Digital boxes would be great. I'm trying to decide on whether to just stack the Digital Multi Retard with my 6AL or just go ahead and invest in the Digital 7.

John

teagersnova

Digital 7

#5 Post by teagersnova » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 pm

I run the 7530T older box and really like it. We have a track here in Texas that doesn't prep the starting line very good and you can take some timming out on launch. best of all it cleans up the amount of components you need adding more wire. Down side If your laptop takes a crap your done for the night no more tuning?????? You can write different programs and really fine tune the motor. A great investment!

Craig W.

#6 Post by Craig W. » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:22 pm

julven wrote:Not trying to highjack your theard.I have the plus version and haven't got real deep in to it but when programing each gear how is it done by most as far as activation. Do people most of the time put switches on the shifter or?? Or did i miss somthing in the directions. thanks
When you come off the transbrake or line-lock button, the box then knows you've launched and are in 1st gear. Then when it sees a sufficient rpm drop (which you can alter), it knows you're in the next gear. You tell it how many gears you're using and it uses the timing curves for each gear as it sees the rpms drop into the next gear.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts