ford aod trans

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

munster

ford aod trans

#1 Post by munster » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Anybody have any input on the aod trans. I have heard that they are not to strong. Do they compare to the c4. any input would be great thanks.

krazyhorse

#2 Post by krazyhorse » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:32 am

they cant even compare to the c4 nor c6. not mention to put a after market shifter in one you have to by a bunch of special adapters. if i remember right they like to break shafts not real sure on that but i will ask my trans man for you.
work pretty good for a stocker though
it's no little pony it's a krazy horse
68' stang W/ 525 bbc,glide

munster

#3 Post by munster » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:05 pm

Better to be running down the freeway at 3500 than on the back of a tow truck thanks for the info.

fishman

#4 Post by fishman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:21 am

I have a aod behind a 347 stroker with 450 hp and i have no problems except i had to change somethings....the input shaft is a one piece hardened and the vlave body is from a company in ontario called lenco...i use a lonkar tv cable and a b&m quicksilver shifter and cable......i love it....they r building aod's with over 1000 hp so must work....they r heavier and use more hp and r 1 1/2 longer to....had to rearrange my tranny mount and shorten the input yoke of the driveshaft by 1 inch.....i have taken it to the track and also can fly on the highway

Goat Hearder

#5 Post by Goat Hearder » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:53 pm

The company is lentec. I have a buddy who has a 5.0 Turbo coupe that runs 8.50's wth the A/C on! Not super quick but real streetable. I believe that PA in MD. is doing some stuff also. I remember a guy n S.C., I think it was Baughman, doing some things also. Getting the TV pressure set correctly is the critical part! Also make sure if it is in an older vehicle it all stacks correcty, and you have enough clearence for the pump and converter. It will work with to little and you will know in a short time you have screwed up! Please don't ask how I know that one!