m+h racemasters

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

pistonpopper

m+h racemasters

#1 Post by pistonpopper » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 pm

hi guys, anyone have any experience with m+h slicks??? i know the company has been around for years, but we dont see many running there slicks @ the strip. i did run a pair of there street tires some time ago,and they seemed to hook on the street. any feedback on them?
thanks randy :idea:

johnh

Re: m+h racemasters

#2 Post by johnh » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 pm

I like them, 28.2x12.8x15 on a 10 inch rim. Street/strip Nova 11's all day.
They got old and I replaced them with BFG Drag Radials.......wont do that again.
I will be ordering replacement M&H Racemaster's again.
6.01 @ 116 on 9 Inch Slicks

Mike Peters

#3 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:25 am

johnh wrote:I like them, 28.2x12.8x15 on a 10 inch rim. Street/strip Nova 11's all day.
They got old and I replaced them with BFG Drag Radials.......wont do that again.
If you're trying to compare BFG drag radals with a set of any manufacturer's slicks, you'll frustrate yourself. BFG's are for the people who may actually want to drive their cars on the street occasionally and don't offer near the softness of compound that slicks do. If you want a set of drag radials that might offer the same bite as slicks, try a set of M/T's, Hoosiers, or even M&H. Not BFG's.
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

Craig W.

#4 Post by Craig W. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:47 am

I run M&H slicks. Their 26x8.5s work well. I can put my car on the bumper with them.

I'm getting a few more passes out of the M&Hs than I did M/T.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

johnh

#5 Post by johnh » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:09 am

Not comparing....... Once my M & H's went bad. The BFG's were given to me by the local speed shop as they had 2 sets on the shelf to move. So i tried them as my car is a street/strip car. My car just would not hook with them at all. I will be switching back to M&H as stated in other post.

Thanks john h

Mike Peters wrote:
johnh wrote:I like them, 28.2x12.8x15 on a 10 inch rim. Street/strip Nova 11's all day.
If you're trying to compare BFG drag radals with a set of any manufacturer's slicks, you'll frustrate yourself. BFG's are for the people who may actually want to drive their cars on the street occasionally and don't offer near the softness of compound that slicks do. If you want a set of drag radials that might offer the same bite as slicks, try a set of M/T's, Hoosiers, or even M&H. Not BFG's.
6.01 @ 116 on 9 Inch Slicks

Mike Peters

#6 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:36 am

johnh wrote:Not comparing....... Once my M & H's went bad. The BFG's were given to me by the local speed shop as they had 2 sets on the shelf to move. So i tried them as my car is a street/strip car. My car just would not hook with them at all. I will be switching back to M&H as stated in other post.

Thanks john h

I'd guess 80% of the small-tired heads-up racers run M/T slicks. The next choice is Hoosiers followed by Goodyear. The way I read your post is you mounted up the BFG's with the expectations to be possible replacements for slicks. Regardless if previously you used M&H or any other brand of slicks, the BFG's would not hook nearly as well. If you like the M&H's, stick with them. Unless you're having problems hooking, there's nothing to be gained by going to one of the more popular brands. The better drag radials such as M/T and Hoosier are usually quicker than slicks due to their decreased rolling resistance offered by the radial construction.
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

HardOnParts

#7 Post by HardOnParts » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 pm

my car had a set of them on my malibu when i bought it, i didnt think they were good and pretty much just planned on burning em up. i took the car out behind my buddys shop and did a burnout with em in VHT and launched the car, and it dead hooked! it really surprised me. i dont know what the tire pressure was but i never checked it from the time i drove the car home or anything. ended up killing em doing holeshots and burnouts, but had fun doing it. now i am looking at getting a 29.5x10.5 M/T for the car. i'd use em again if i didnt have as much experience with mickey thompson.
1978 Chevy Malibu BBC, Pumpgas, 12 Bolt, Nitrous..

Motor City Outlaws c.c

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...=Billscar2.flv

pistonpopper

#8 Post by pistonpopper » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:59 pm

they seem to work after asking around, but i went back to my hoosiers (29 12 15s on a 12"rim) for my malibu. this is my third set,..... if its not broke dont fix it .....theory :scratch: my 60s stayed around the same after a long smokey burn out break in period. i never tried vht or any other chemicals,do they really offer bang for the buck???? i have always felt if the suspension is set up proper you may not need it????