(now more of why my car cant 60) Shift Point.HP or TQ peak??

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

supernova

Re: (now more of why my car cant 60) Shift Point.HP or TQ peak??

#31 Post by supernova » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Bowtiestang wrote:I think I found one thing that my be off?? My pinion angle is +3deg...shouldnt it be like -1.5 or -3 deg?? Would this make much differance in my 60' times??
Yep it will help. Might keep the back end from squatting. You might try lowering you launch rpm a 1000 rpm's. Loading up the converter on a foot brake is like leaving with stock converter, you need to flash it to get the tq. to multiply on the launch. My last car had a 3500 stall and I foot braked it at 1800. The car picked up .2 tenths just by figuring out where to launch it at.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

sc racing

#32 Post by sc racing » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Supernova is onto something with the launch rpm thats why I asked how you leave the line.One thing I did see in the pic was you rear suspension is not seperating its compressing this is why you car doesnt 60 foot. The pinion angle is one of those things where some people will tell you it will help and others will tell you its just to get the u-joint at O* when going down the track. I think with 10 and 11 second cars it does make a difference in the 60's. How did you measure it? I think you need about 3-4* down and your lca's need to be angled up in the front the uca's need to be level or down in the front. Im seeing a :mrgreen: 1.48 soon

Bowtiestang

#33 Post by Bowtiestang » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm

sc racing wrote:Supernova is onto something with the launch rpm thats why I asked how you leave the line.One thing I did see in the pic was you rear suspension is not seperating its compressing this is why you car doesnt 60 foot. The pinion angle is one of those things where some people will tell you it will help and others will tell you its just to get the u-joint at O* when going down the track. I think with 10 and 11 second cars it does make a difference in the 60's. How did you measure it? I think you need about 3-4* down and your lca's need to be angled up in the front the uca's need to be level or down in the front. Im seeing a :mrgreen: 1.48 soon
I did both the drive shaft and balancer method but they come out different??

Here is a hi tech pic of the measurement....

My LCA and UCA are angled VERY LITTLE up..I will get the angles tomorrow. But they are both non adjustable so I am S.O.L for now...
"If you want to run from a roll...build a dirt track car!"

supernova

#34 Post by supernova » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Bowtiestang wrote:
sc racing wrote:Supernova is onto something with the launch rpm thats why I asked how you leave the line.One thing I did see in the pic was you rear suspension is not seperating its compressing this is why you car doesnt 60 foot. The pinion angle is one of those things where some people will tell you it will help and others will tell you its just to get the u-joint at O* when going down the track. I think with 10 and 11 second cars it does make a difference in the 60's. How did you measure it? I think you need about 3-4* down and your lca's need to be angled up in the front the uca's need to be level or down in the front. Im seeing a :mrgreen: 1.48 soon
I did both the drive shaft and balancer method but they come out different??

Here is a hi tech pic of the measurement....

My LCA and UCA are angled VERY LITTLE up..I will get the angles tomorrow. But they are both non adjustable so I am S.O.L for now...
You can fix all of your problems by calling Wolfe Racecraft. Try these on for size:
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=263
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=266
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=264

How to check pinion angle:
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/pinionangle.aspx

I know it's a little money but parts like these can make your car haul ass!!!!! These are the same parts that most of the Mustang racers use around here and they work!!!!!
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs