12 bolt whine....

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

Ballzout

12 bolt whine....

#1 Post by Ballzout » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Okay here is the deal, went to the track this weekend and noticed that the car was whining during deceleration. It has been faintly getting worse for the past few weeks and finally Saturday I decided to check the fluid level before heading to the track, only for me to find out that it was practically empty, the car sits in the garage all week and no signs of it leaking on the ground, it does sit outside on the trailer on the weekends. Here is the deal so I put 2 qts of Lucas Rear end lube in it, take it to the track and the noise is worse. I was able to win saturday night but was still worried about the noise, so this evening I pulled the cover to inspect the gears, everything looked just fine so i pulled the driveshaft out and TA DA.... The darn pinion nut had backed off, noticed it pretty wet around the nut and all that good stuff, so I tightend the nut back up, cleaned out real good then buttoned it back up, added 2 new qts of fluid and now the whine is way worse.... Give me your opinions? I understand that it has probably worn a new pattern in it, this is a Richmond Pro Gear (4.33). Do I .....

A. Replace all of it ( what I really don't wanna do)
B. Replace the Bearings and hope that fixes it
or
C. Let it eat

Thanks, any other suggestions are welcome!! Thanks in advance...
Eric Bowling
5XAX/322X

CDR Performance

Re: 12 bolt whine....

#2 Post by CDR Performance » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:53 am

Options

1. Do it right.

2. Anything else.
CDR PERFORMANCE
The Custom Engine Shop

Dart - Callies - BRC - Oliver - BME - Custom Cams - T&D - Trend - JGS - BorgWarner - SuperNatural - EV - CSU - C&S - BS3

http://www.cdrperformance.biz