Transmission selection

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

shooked

Transmission selection

#1 Post by shooked » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm

Guys, I have a GER TH400 without a brake, and a 10" fairbanks converter. With my last combo I could hold the converter to 4200 before the rear wheels would give, with stock drum brakes. I have tried to contact them to get a 9 or 8 inch converter and install a brake, but I believe they have went out of business. Does anyone know the difficulty in installing a transbrake in a TH400, and anybody know if I should spring for an ATI converter or try someone else? Lastly, anybody know about GER as well?

sc racing

#2 Post by sc racing » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:25 pm

Ive had great luck with an ATI conv. sent them dyno sheets and told them what I wanted and got exactly what I asked for .I never had a GER trans but I know a few people who had some pretty bad luck with them.I cant recommend a company I always had a freind build mine but Im sure somebody else can. The only thing I can recommend is have the conv. built for your car dont buy an "off the shelf" one. The right converter is only way to get all the power to the ground so spend the $$$ on a good one it will save you in the long run.