Dodge Master Cylinders

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

MMAX

Re: Dodge Master Cylinders

#16 Post by MMAX » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 am

OK, so here's another one....the factory master that I removed was plumbed front port to front brakes and rear port to the rears. I've seen several photos on the net where the lines were reversed. My car has aftermarket Wilwood discs up front and factory drum rears. Does this make sense and what is the proper way to to plumb the lines?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#17 Post by John_Heard » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:15 am

Both ports on those MCs put out the same pressure, and the reservoirs are close to the same size as I can tell, so it really doesn't matter.

MMAX

#18 Post by MMAX » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

I can't keep the push rod fully seated in the master cylinder. It seems to want to keep popping out and I loose my pedal pressure. Don't know if the Chev rod and Dodge master are compatible?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#19 Post by John_Heard » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Dang it's been so long since I worked on that I don't recall what I used. Doesn't the Dodge take a radius end on the rod?

MMAX

#20 Post by MMAX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 pm

There was a factory defect with my master...a tiny ridge around the circumference of the hole right before the seat that the rod kept on hanging up on. Had to do a mad thrash yesterday and re-install my old master to make the race today. Might be able to just touch a drill bit inside and take the ridge out of there.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#21 Post by John_Heard » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Good that you found it, and didn't race it till it's fixed as well..

Donnie Lee

#22 Post by Donnie Lee » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi John, I have 70 Nova with power disc brakes on front & drum rear (Ford 9"). This is a footbrake bracket car running 1/8th mile and I need to change master cylinder due to no vacumn with high lift cam. I've read thru you Dodge M.C. part #'s several times and I have a question. The first one listed with 1 1/8 bore notes the Edelman fittings needed. I'm interested in the second one with 1 1/32 bore, does this one use the same Edelman fittings?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#23 Post by John_Heard » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Donnie I don't know, never bought one of those personally so haven't had the chance to look at them. I'd go to the parts store and take a look at them, I'd bet they are the same fittings but you never know.