Video Of Our Racing Season

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Jeff Chandler

Video Of Our Racing Season

#1 Post by Jeff Chandler » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:45 pm

We(wife and I)run in the NMCA's Pro Stock class. I put together this little video sorta just highlighting a few races this year. Hope you don't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLirp-jWCwU

rustbucket

#2 Post by rustbucket » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:55 pm

very cool
406sbc, powerglide, nitrous
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DssW5vc_t3k

DRock

#3 Post by DRock » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:13 am

More engine, less guitar.

Congrats on the win. How did you do in points for the season?

Jeff Chandler

#4 Post by Jeff Chandler » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:20 am

More engine less guitar...lol
I would but the dang announcers are pretty much most of the sound...lol

I ended up 4th. The championship was decided by 5 pts and 3rd and 4th by 15. It's 100 points a round, tight stuff.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:11 am

Great Video Jeff - That's a tough class it sounds like to me, good to see you out there racking up some wins!

OBTW - I got ya fixed up with an Avatar from that picture, you can't get away with putting it on the bumper and not having it on your avatar lol

Jeff Chandler

#6 Post by Jeff Chandler » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:09 am

Very cool, Thanks John.

79 Camaro

#7 Post by 79 Camaro » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Sweet ride!
What engine combo are you running in that stang if you dont mind me asking?

Adam
"THE THROTTLE IS THE DEVIL" By Mr. Willis
"ALL I SEEN WAS HOOD!" By Mr. Heard
MAKO RS-1979
Sponsored By:
Total Removal Contracting-Tim Rogers

Jeff Chandler

#8 Post by Jeff Chandler » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:18 pm

It's a 525 BBC. Our rules restrict us to conventional type heads and cast intake. I run the BMF 355's with an Edelbrock 2927 Super Victor. It's a naturally aspirated class, no power adders are allowed. The one big thing is with my 525 combo they make me weigh 3500lbs.

79 Camaro

#9 Post by 79 Camaro » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Jeff Chandler wrote:It's a 525 BBC. Our rules restrict us to conventional type heads and cast intake. I run the BMF 355's with an Edelbrock 2927 Super Victor. It's a naturally aspirated class, no power adders are allowed. The one big thing is with my 525 combo they make me weigh 3500lbs.
Wow, thats awesome and impressive :shock: ! I love seeing a BBC in a Fox body Mustang! I have alway wanted to do that. Welcome to the board Jeff.

Adam Wright
MAKO RS-1979
Sponsored By:

ytnova

#10 Post by ytnova » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:12 am

Welcome to the board jeff, I was able to run with you guys last year at bradenton, glad you got the car fixed, I have been watching the class all season and I have to say all of you guys are flying to run that fast na. I think I am going xtreme street myself, I shouldn't be as far off the pace there.

Jeff Chandler

#11 Post by Jeff Chandler » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks Ed. Extreme Street is a great class. I think I'd probably went that direction but I couldn't do the engine and update the chassis. Sorta wishing I had but Pro Stock is fun. Good Luck

hsutton

#12 Post by hsutton » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:33 am

Welcome Jeff, I saw your video over on Yellow Bullet. Your car runs great. I have thought for some time that putting a BBC in a Mustang was a very good combination, even if the engine does add a lot of weight. We have a local with a 555" BBC in a '85 or so fastback with a later model ('87-'93) front end on it. That car is finally getting sorted out and is flying. It's pretty light (3145 lbs.) and he weighes 245 lbs. or so. Do the rules mandate stock suspension or can you go to ladder bars? Your car appears to wheelstand pretty badly on most runs. There is a Mustang here in the Tulsa area that has ladder bars and it doesn't pick up a wheel. These fast cars, especially ones that are N/A, typically have the wheelie problem when they get to the level that you guys are at now. Getting proper traction without the wheelstand will help your E.T.s a little, i think. One thing is for sure, if a racer doesn't go faster at every race someone else will catch up. You have a pretty little car and it's running as fast as anybody right now. Good luck on the new season. Out of curiosity, what gears do most of you guys run and how tight do you have to turn the engines to get them to run those numbers. What diameter tires do most of you guys run? We're limited to 10.5W x 28" and maybe the standard 10.5 x 29.5" this year.

Jeff Chandler

#13 Post by Jeff Chandler » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:23 am

hsutton, Thanks. The rules will allow ladder bars and coil overs which is what I run. As for the wheelies, sometimes they just creep up on you without warning. I can usually catch it pretty quick by blipping the throttle a few times but I had about 3-4 runs this year that it just didn't want to come down. In Memphis in the 2nd round I had a by run and I blipped the throttle 7 times according to the racepak before I could get it down, by that time I was at the 330 ft clocks.
I typically run a 5.00 gear but did run a 5.14 for a couple of races. I shift anywhere between 9-9300 and run the the lights at 9100-9350. We are limited to 29.5x10.5 non W tire, I run the MT's 3062s.
Thanks for the comments and Good Luck with yours.

hsutton

#14 Post by hsutton » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:43 am

I totally understand what you are talking about with the blipping the throttle to control the tendency to wheelstand real bad. We have one guy here that had that down to a science. His name is Mike White and he's a pretty sharp guy. I thought you guy had lots of gear in you cars. A chassis guy over in Oklahoma City knows more about ladder bars than anybody i've seen. He has set up two or three fox bodies and none of them stand up but a few inches. You might want to give him a try. It would shake up your competition if you started to jet out on them and didn't stand up. His name is "Mike Duffy" and he came to a race and tuned the suspension on a notchback that has tons of converter. It went a 1.20 sixty foot with no wheelie. It seems the car ran a 8 flat at mid 170s.

79 Camaro

#15 Post by 79 Camaro » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:54 am

hsutton wrote:I totally understand what you are talking about with the blipping the throttle to control the tendency to wheelstand real bad. We have one guy here that had that down to a science. His name is Mike White and he's a pretty sharp guy. I thought you guy had lots of gear in you cars. A chassis guy over in Oklahoma City knows more about ladder bars than anybody i've seen. He has set up two or three fox bodies and none of them stand up but a few inches. You might want to give him a try. It would shake up your competition if you started to jet out on them and didn't stand up. His name is "Mike Duffy" and he came to a race and tuned the suspension on a notchback that has tons of converter. It went a 1.20 sixty foot with no wheelie. It seems the car ran a 8 flat at mid 170s.
Here is some video of the Mustang with ladder bars that hsutton is talking about having the 1.20 60ft. But I am not sure that it was these runs that he had that 60ft on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpIKtntbXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6bBC4q1chU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXETZe6qYc

Adam
MAKO RS-1979
Sponsored By: