Ed aka 1320 racer - Ban or no ban?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Should Ed / 1320 Footerbraker be banned?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Yes
71%
No
14%
Let's wait and see...
14%

Total votes: 21

Hitchcock

Re: Ed aka 1320 racer - Ban or no ban?

#46 Post by Hitchcock » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Sound like when my 'ol lady comes home. :x
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

Ls7camaro

#47 Post by Ls7camaro » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 am

I appreciate all the help everyone gives here. But when the attacks seem to start to go personal, then there is a problem. I kinda got urked at the "I have a college degree" so? And the farmer that feeds you doesn't? No offense, but I would rather be well fed than have balanced books, or not have a roof collapse on me, and so on, I think some of the people that don't have a degree do far more important jobs, and this is coming from a desk jockey. So, not to focuse on the negative, Again, thank you to all that give great advise.

SC Racing, has given me loads of advise, so if anyone is deserving a beer, its that guy.

P.S., always have cold beer in the fridge in the garage, anyone make it to Dragway 42, be happy to take some of that cold brew out there and share.
I can't wait for race season, this has got to be the year.

supernova

#48 Post by supernova » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Mike Peters wrote:
moeraces wrote:oh i forgot ,,if i want to listen to mindless babble i can always call up my ex on friday nite LOL
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!
ILSH I'm about to bust gut!!!!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

DITTO !
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

supernova

#49 Post by supernova » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Ls7camaro wrote:I appreciate all the help everyone gives here. But when the attacks seem to start to go personal, then there is a problem. I kinda got urked at the "I have a college degree" so? And the farmer that feeds you doesn't? No offense, but I would rather be well fed than have balanced books, or not have a roof collapse on me, and so on, I think some of the people that don't have a degree do far more important jobs, and this is coming from a desk jockey. So, not to focuse on the negative, Again, thank you to all that give great advise.

SC Racing, has given me loads of advise, so if anyone is deserving a beer, its that guy.

P.S., always have cold beer in the fridge in the garage, anyone make it to Dragway 42, be happy to take some of that cold brew out there and share.

Trivia for the day.
Did you know that there are more uneducated millionairs then there are educated millionairs! Yep its true. Forbes says so.

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

hsutton

#50 Post by hsutton » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am

The ORIGINAL 1320racer wrote:What part of the TRUTH, the FACTS and my PROVEN advice don't you like John! :roll:

Seemed you like it when you contacted me about 4 years ago asking my opinion about the 24 degree Profilers! ;)

Not the makings of a good leader/manager/supervisor when you make decisions by committee/public opinion but perfect for a politian and a internet webmaster! :smt038

I hope you make a lot of $ off this board cause you'd never make it in big business! :-P

I've been banned from far better boards whose members have far more knowledge and racing experience! wgaf:

Meanwhile, I have offered to tune johnh's car for free with a $100 guarantee attached and rather than acknowledge my goodwill effort you offer me up to be banned! :roll:

Unfuckingbelievable!
I didn't get here in time to vote but i'd like to know about Ed's Firebird, and if he has it running now? I heard it had engine problems and i can't find out if he got it fixed. I have reasonably thick skin and don't take things posted on the internet too seriously. Come on guys, live and let live, you never know who your going to get knowledge from. Everyone in the world knows "one" thing you don't know, add all that knowledge up and you'll be a lot smarter by the time you get to be my age. Ed, did you get the engine fixed?
Last edited by hsutton on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchcock

#51 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:36 am

hsutton wrote:
The ORIGINAL 1320racer wrote:What part of the TRUTH, the FACTS and my PROVEN advice don't you like John! :roll:

Seemed you like it when you contacted me about 4 years ago asking my opinion about the 24 degree Profilers! ;)

Not the makings of a good leader/manager/supervisor when you make decisions by committee/public opinion but perfect for a politian and a internet webmaster! :smt038

I hope you make a lot of $ off this board cause you'd never make it in big business! :-P

I've been banned from far better boards whose members have far more knowledge and racing experience! wgaf:

Meanwhile, I have offered to tune johnh's car for free with a $100 guarantee attached and rather than acknowledge my goodwill effort you offer me up to be banned! :roll:

Unfuckingbelievable!
I didn't get here in time to vote but i'd like to know about Ed's Firebird, and if he has it running now? I heard it had engine problems and i can't find out if he got it fixed. I have reasonably thick skin and don't take things posted on the internet too seriously. Come on guys, live and let live, you never know who your going to get a some knowledge from. Everyone in the world knows one thing that you don't know, add all that knowledge up and you'll be a lot more informed by the time you get to be my age. Ed, did you get the engine fixed?

Your correct, everyone can something learn from somebody else. But some people just dont want to put up with the kind of crap he brings to the table time and time again.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

hsutton

#52 Post by hsutton » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:49 am

John_Heard wrote:I've done made up my mind, Edwardo is now officially banned for being an asshole.

For those that he insulted, my apologies, I let him go for a while hoping he would act differently on this site but that just didn't happen despite my asking him to play nicely repeatedly. Ed makes #2 to be banned here since we started the forum, not too bad figuring we've got almost 2000 members here.
John, who was the other one?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#53 Post by John_Heard » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:05 pm

I don't remember his name off the top of my head Harold, that's been quite a while back.

As for Ed, he didn't want to play by the house rules so he's not welcome now, and it's unlikely he can see your posts asking about his car. If you want to know about his blown up engine you'll have to try and find a forum he is still allowed to post on.

bracketracer

#54 Post by bracketracer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Ed"s over on 1320 Tech talk as of Nov 30th....Chad Speier web sight.. :mrgreen:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#55 Post by John_Heard » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Anyone want to take bets on how long that will last?

supernova

#56 Post by supernova » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:46 pm

John_Heard wrote:Anyone want to take bets on how long that will last?

He'll make it until he starts typing!!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 I WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :nutkick:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

Hitchcock

#57 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:05 pm

I went through and read some posts on that site. He was really patting him self on the back a lot. But he did keep it civil, despite a few people taking a small jab at him here and there. He has done a lot of racing, and a lot to his car's, and is damn proud of it. But liek I said, he kept it pretty decent.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

supernova

#58 Post by supernova » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Hitchcock wrote:I went through and read some posts on that site. He was really patting him self on the back a lot. But he did keep it civil, despite a few people taking a small jab at him here and there. He has done a lot of racing, and a lot to his car's, and is damn proud of it. But liek I said, he kept it pretty decent.
Hey Hitch,
One of the things he has bragged about is that doesn't build any of his rides' he buys them or pays someone else to build them. He's bragged about having the highest paying job of anybody so he doesn't have to build his own car and in the same sentence he would cut down people that would do thay're own work. I can't see that he knows as much as he says he does. I bet he pays to have a tuner at the track to tune for him. We have guys just like that at your track. Money can buy you anything even a win. Just spend enough! Those are the guys I like to beat.

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

wikd69

#59 Post by wikd69 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:38 pm

And then there are guys like me who get by on sheer brilliance and stunning good looks.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Hitchcock

#60 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm

supernova wrote:
Hitchcock wrote:I went through and read some posts on that site. He was really patting him self on the back a lot. But he did keep it civil, despite a few people taking a small jab at him here and there. He has done a lot of racing, and a lot to his car's, and is damn proud of it. But liek I said, he kept it pretty decent.
Hey Hitch,
One of the things he has bragged about is that doesn't build any of his rides' he buys them or pays someone else to build them. He's bragged about having the highest paying job of anybody so he doesn't have to build his own car and in the same sentence he would cut down people that would do thay're own work. I can't see that he knows as much as he says he does. I bet he pays to have a tuner at the track to tune for him. We have guys just like that at your track. Money can buy you anything even a win. Just spend enough! Those are the guys I like to beat.

I hear ya super. I'm a working man and feel like cheating because i have farmed out as much work as I have on my vette. I know you are building your car from the ground up. I gotta admit, I'm pretty jealous. I would give my left nut (almost) to be able to build anything I want. When I hit that lotto jackpot set an extra place at your table, because I'm bringing beer on my way to Houston when I go to S.A.M. Dad builds all of his stuff too. My next project I'm gonna try and do everything. Maybe it will even be a Nova, dont think anyone can mess one of those up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter