Looking for alittle help on my nitrous set up PLEASE!

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

in the 8's

Looking for alittle help on my nitrous set up PLEASE!

#1 Post by in the 8's » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Im looking at stepping my game up alittle this coming year :twisted:. I would like to go to a 2 stage nitrous set up. I went up to the local speed shop and was asking just afew questions. I have a NOS big shot plate system on the car now. I am looking to keep that hooked up and adding a fogger for the second kit. The owner of the speed shop said I should change every thing and use a Cold Fusion duel plate or single plate and fogger. I asked about mixing the brands NOS and Cold Fusion. I was hoping to just add a fogger to the parts I already have. He told me that would be a mistake and they wont work well together. What is up is this cold fusion is it the cats ass now and nos is junk. I just dont want to waste more money. Plus it seems you all have had your way around a nitrous bottle before

Please some one help clear this up for me.

What brand do you all use the most?
Just like a bull rider Im running 8 seconds....

mytmouz

#2 Post by mytmouz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Works for me...

Trucks are for haulin...

rustbucket

#3 Post by rustbucket » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 am

do most of you guys with this set up launch on the fogger and then hit the plate or vice verca?
406sbc, powerglide, nitrous
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DssW5vc_t3k

mytmouz

#4 Post by mytmouz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:54 am

I launch on the fogger, the initial hit is softer and doesn't shock the tires as much...
Trucks are for haulin...

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 am

Pfttt - Sounds like someone wants to sell you some extra parts. I don't see any reason at all why you can't mix brands between the fogger and the plate. Both those kits use Peter Paul solenids, it's just a different sticker. There are some differences in Nozzles, distribution blocks, etc. between the brands but I don't see nothing that would prevent it from working good with the big shot plate.

ERV JR

#6 Post by ERV JR » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:11 am

Why not run a NOS fogger or a N/S , I would give N/S a call they have ben very helpful.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#7 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:26 am

N/S does have a new nozzle out called a Fang, kinda of a different design. Don't know if anyone has seen any gains with it yet though.

1320quick

#8 Post by 1320quick » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 am

The guy at the speed shop is trying to pull a fast one on you. There is no reason in the world that you cannot mix nitrous vendors. The engine couldn't give a crap what the sticker on the solenoids says. I will say that I use a Cold Fusion fogger and I've been very happy with it. I will most likely be adding a second fogger this coming year. I will be using Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions to plumb this one since I hear great things about his support so it will most likely be a Edelbrock fogger. I think you will be perfectly happy with the NOS big shot and a Cold Fusion fogger.
Ron
71 Nova - 3300lbs, stock suspended on a 275
5.35 132MPH in the thin Colorado air

ERV JR

#9 Post by ERV JR » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:09 pm

1320quick wrote:The guy at the speed shop is trying to pull a fast one on you. There is no reason in the world that you cannot mix nitrous vendors. The engine couldn't give a crap what the sticker on the solenoids says. I will say that I use a Cold Fusion fogger and I've been very happy with it. I will most likely be adding a second fogger this coming year. I will be using Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions to plumb this one since I hear great things about his support so it will most likely be a Edelbrock fogger. I think you will be perfectly happy with the NOS big shot and a Cold Fusion fogger.
Are you building a whole new motor ? The old motor had a shelf piston correct ? Not a n20 piston ? How much did you spry it with ?

1320quick

#10 Post by 1320quick » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:04 pm

ERV JR wrote:
1320quick wrote:The guy at the speed shop is trying to pull a fast one on you. There is no reason in the world that you cannot mix nitrous vendors. The engine couldn't give a crap what the sticker on the solenoids says. I will say that I use a Cold Fusion fogger and I've been very happy with it. I will most likely be adding a second fogger this coming year. I will be using Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions to plumb this one since I hear great things about his support so it will most likely be a Edelbrock fogger. I think you will be perfectly happy with the NOS big shot and a Cold Fusion fogger.
Are you building a whole new motor ? The old motor had a shelf piston correct ? Not a n20 piston ? How much did you spry it with ?
Yea, we are going to upgrade the bullet we have now. It does not have purpose built nitrous pistons. We will be upgrading the pistons and heads. We sprayed a .036 hole in Vegas for the 8.89.
Ron
71 Nova - 3300lbs, stock suspended on a 275
5.35 132MPH in the thin Colorado air

in the 8's

#11 Post by in the 8's » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:53 pm

I was kinda thinking he was blow smoke up my a$$. The only thing was that every one I know around here is changing over to Cold Fusion. I didnt know if that C/F is a better kit or not. I feel like a dip stick this last year was my first shot at nitrous. Ive always had blower motors so all this is new to me. I think that the guy at the speed shop knows that and is tryin to use it against me. I realy do want to thank you guy's.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#12 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm

My guess is because CF is not quite as expensive as some.

in the 8's

#13 Post by in the 8's » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:38 pm

tporter_02 wrote:Works for me...

Could you tel me what you have going on here :? You have 9 solenoids. Are you three staging 2 through the plate and 1 fogger or ?????

55delray

#14 Post by 55delray » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm

2 for each side of the fogger =4
2 for nitrous purge on fogger (one per side) =2
2 solenoids for plate kit =2
1 for purge on plate=1

there ya go :D

mytmouz

#15 Post by mytmouz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:29 am

Yep
Trucks are for haulin...