Congrat's Don Erwin!! Broke Track Record at Ozark yesterday!

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Mike Peters

Re: Congrat's Don Erwin!! Broke Track Record at Ozark yesterday!

#16 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:26 am

Pegasus wrote:
Mike I dont want to sound like A smarta$$. My car is light. It does right now have all stock glass and the windows do roll up and down. The cage is NHRA cert. This car to run MAKO would have to add 500 lb and I run 2 carbs.
I do plan on running a smallblock in MAKO.
You're in no way coming across as a smartazz Don. You're a heck of a good guy and I've actually spoke with you for a brief time at Mo-Kan. Glad to hear you're going to run some MAKO events. I think Jeff has a great thing going. Hope I can get my junk done and be a part of it also. I also think it appeared to be a great kick-off event for the Chance family at Ozark. Congrats again on the new record. :thumb: It looks like the future for heads-up small-tired racing in this region is pretty solid for now.
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

TubbedTruck67

#17 Post by TubbedTruck67 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Mike Peters wrote:Congratulations to Don on the new record. Any hints on what the car might have weighed at the time of the record-breaking run? :scratch: Also, congrats to Sam on getting the ultra-cool wagon out to play. 8-) I'm sure the crowd loved the car.
Thanks Mike it was a blast to get the car out, Marty has the converter right now tightening it up for me so I can put some more power to it and go faster! 3rdgear:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#18 Post by John_Heard » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:24 am

Found some video of the pass...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccVeMm8R3Yc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ccVeMm8R3Yc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVeMm8R3Yc

rusty

#19 Post by rusty » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanx for the link John. There's a video of Sams car from the same you-tube poster.

8secpumpgas

#20 Post by 8secpumpgas » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:35 am

Don's car is flying.

rusty

#21 Post by rusty » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:38 am

8secpumpgas wrote:Don's car is flying.
i hear your car is flying also Chris! what was your mph friday night? Greg couldnt remember what tracy said.