PINKS

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

fastpacedracer

PINKS

#1 Post by fastpacedracer » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:20 am

Hey all, just got onto the forum. any PINKS fans on SPEED. Its a show where driver race 3 out of 5 for pink slips. It is intense. Season two was crazy with crashes, heated debates, and tears. Season three has this and much much more, i actually got found some clips online of some sneak previews, it ooks awesome. I just wanted to start a thread and see is there are somemore PINKS fans out there.

sverbus

#2 Post by sverbus » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:48 pm

I watch it from time to time, but it's really not my bag. I quit street racing because of the crap that gets pulled out there. Sandbagging and bullshit.

"give me 15 cars" WTF...that's not a fargin race.....might as well go out and do what all these brand new corvette and import owners do and race from a roll at 60mph.... /boggle

headsup, no car lengths, don't challenge unless you got the horses....There are some really nice cars on there, no doubt..but I hate the drama...That's why I only watch the last 20min's of Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV.....Drama is horrid!

Just my 2 cents worth, nothing wrong if ya like it....but it's not true Drag racing...you don't see John Force asking Ron Capps for 2 lengths do ya????

later,

Scott
'70 Nova
434 small block
Best so far of 10.51 @ 131mph with a best so far 60' /1.46

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:39 pm

fastpaceracer aka zack32 appears to be a marketing employee that is just posting about PINKS because he's getting paid to stir up buzz about the show. Prove me wrong fastpaceracer aka zack32...

Bob West

#4 Post by Bob West » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:39 pm

I watched part of Pinks once. It does nothing for me. I would much rather go to the track and watch a good heads-up program or bracket race :) I guess if they change their name, noone is supposed to know who they are John ;)
72 Malibu-Nov. '08-1.329-3.995-6.280@106.94-9.988@131.62
best 60ft to date- 1.319
http://www.dragtimes.com/1972-Chevrolet ... -5251.html

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:56 pm

I get a kick out of it sometimes, specially that show where the bracket racer in the 2nd gen camaro put the hurt on that GM Van. Really showed the skills a good bracket racer has when it comes to sandbagging LOL..

But the show does well enough, you wouldn't think they would need to hire a marketing agency to spam message boards for them would you?

55project

#6 Post by 55project » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:42 am

You must really like PINKS.. Or BEYOND hit it on the head.. Sounds like advertizing to me.. They were all posted hours apart..
This was posted on my home site the other day.. I even sent a welcome to him.. No replies to the people that posted..

fastpacedracer
spectator

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:58 pm Post subject: Racing for Titles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you be willing to put your ride on the line for a moment in the spotlight? PINKS on SPEEDtv does just that. Racer compete in a best two out of five formate, loser of the race, loses their ride. Season three is approaching and MSN is going to be hosting a Live Web Streaming event on the 27 and 28 of June. The streaming event will go behind the scenes, showing everything including Production of the show right up to the race. check out the website, speedtv com/pinks
Last edited by 55project on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Peters

#7 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:45 am

I'll watch it occasionally but, unless there's some cars on there that interest me, it's time to do something more intriguing like count the # of squares in a toilet paper roll. One improvement would be to get rid of that lameazz Rich Christensen. He's a 'tard about cars and I can't believe he thinks he such a Billy Bad Boy. Lose him, get a tree and handicap on time not lengths. ET's don't have to be given but, a tree is going to eliminate the guys jumping. I suppose you need the drama of more arguments as most of the vehicles you have on the show are boring in themselves. Maybe you could have a boxing ring in the staging lanes for such altercations.

Lots of rumors on other boards that state the cars are sometimes not exchanged or there's a pre-race agreement and the rhetoric of "you lose the race, you lose your ride" is a bunch of bunk.

And Zack32 or whatever your name is, it's NOT THAT INTENSE!!! Don't flatter yourself or your exec producers. Maybe Billy Bad Boy and crew ought to come to a heads-up event and see what racing is all about.

ytnova

#8 Post by ytnova » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:01 am

I went out and watched the filming when they were here in orlando. I was not impressed. In typical tv fashion most of it is fake. From what I heard right out of the producers mouth while standind in the staging lanes, was "you guys really are running for each others car, but if you guys have a prearranged agreement then that is out of our hands." I also agree about getting rid of rich, I am not a pig, but if you want the ratings to soar, then get a chick out there to start them.

Mike Peters

#9 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:30 am

ytnova wrote:I went out and watched the filming when they were here in orlando. I was not impressed. In typical tv fashion most of it is fake. From what I heard right out of the producers mouth while standind in the staging lanes, was "you guys really are running for each others car, but if you guys have a prearranged agreement then that is out of our hands." I also agree about getting rid of rich, I am not a pig, but if you want the ratings to soar, then get a chick out there to start them.
Thank you for the eye witness account. Their deception is a quick way to lose credibility. If there's no "title for title", it should be stated. I don't think anyone cares if the cars aren't exchanged if there's an agreement beforehand. Just state the race is for $1K or whatever the stakes. However, if not racing for titles, I guess they feel they'd be "pulling the wool over our eyes" with the title of the show and probably couldn't sleep at night. LOL!!!

fastpacedracer

#10 Post by fastpacedracer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:18 am

The driver who race sign a contract, loser of 3 outa 5 loses their ride. Cars have been sold on Ebay and simply taken home with the winner. With the increased popularity of the show season three boasts faster cars, I cant release too much information...on June 27 and 28 MSN is going to host a web streaming event for the show. This is an opportunity to get inside the production of season three and you will see the show is forreal!

sverbus

#11 Post by sverbus » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:30 am

FOR REAL????? muhahahahahahah OMFG that's halarious (i love cursing with internet speak) rofl :)

you call some a-hole that asks for 15cars and the other fellas takes off his spray REAL????? man you are one funny guy!

Go race from a roll...or...something!!!

Mike Peters

#12 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:47 am

Well, just my opinon "fastpacedracer", you've lost a little credibility yourself by trying to dupe the followers of this message board into thinking you're just another fellow racer interested in a particular racing-based show. Not good. Here's an idea. Get some input from real racers for the format of the show and you'd have a bigger fan base. I don't need self-serving freakin' close-ups of that wanna-bee bad boy Rich Christensen trying to get all intense flagging some races and grunting while he's doing it. Sheesh!!! If it's part his show and he want face time then so be it but, it's a turn off for the knowledgeable viewer. Let the cars and drivers be the drama, not some chrome dome "I don't take steroids yadda, yadda, yadda look at me" dweeb. The racing would carry the show. I don't need the drama of a car title being on the line. Get a tree and handicap off the lights. Get some racers on the production crew.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#13 Post by John_Heard » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:35 am

I'd bet fakeracer drives a little Honda don't ya? So do you actually have any input to the show or just hired to cause a buzz? I think we're wasting time giving this dude any comments on the show, he's just some minimum wage dweeb the show hired to try and pump up the volume a bit.

Prove me wrong fakeracer...

Mike Peters

#14 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:55 am

Beyond wrote:I'd bet fakeracer drives a little Honda don't ya? So do you actually have any input to the show or just hired to cause a buzz? I think we're wasting time giving this dude any comments on the show, he's just some minimum wage dweeb the show hired to try and pump up the volume a bit.

Prove me wrong fakeracer...
John's a little hostile today! LOL!!! I'm pretty sure he's going to get the message he's not welcome to post that promotional B.S. on your board. I knew my comments weren't going to make one single bit of difference to the show's format but, figured I'd rant a little........... Would be nice to have an actual similar show with some credibility and not the personna drama trying to make Rich Chrome Dome a star.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#15 Post by John_Heard » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:49 pm

Well maybe the Honda was a bit too much... I actually don't mind the promotional stuff as long as it's related to drag racing and they don't get carried away, what I don't like is when people like fakeracer try and pretend they're just a fan of the show. He probably doesn't even watch it...