Why is there a Lot of Muscle Car Bashing/ Dissing?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Wildchild

Re: Why is there a Lot of Muscle Car Bashing/ Dissing?

#16 Post by Wildchild » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

MX it takes too much time and energy bantering back and forth with the import crowd that could be better spent making your "Old Muscle Car" faster..But,just a little tip for your beemer buddy this is a new age...10's aren't fast anymore.

MXrider13

#17 Post by MXrider13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Wildchild wrote:MX it takes too much time and energy bantering back and forth with the import crowd that could be better spent making your "Old Muscle Car" faster..But,just a little tip for your beemer buddy this is a new age...10's aren't fast anymore.
That is true! I think to me 10s are still fast till I reach the 9s.

Bruce69Camaro

#18 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:45 am

Like stated before, it's all on what you were raised up on.

Back when I was in high school, it was VERY common to see Camaro's, Nova's, Chevelle's, Vette's, Cuda's, Challenger's, Chargers, GTX's, Darts, Mustang's, Torino's on every street.

I'd like to see that BMW go up against some of the FACTORY big block cars that were running in our town. In fact, I'd love to see that BMW go up against the little 302/ 4 speed setup I had in my 68 Camaro.

All I got to say is, that's what rear view mirrors are for, to say goodbye as you fly bye them.......

Now those cars I talked about were all factory cars, sure his BMW will run after he drops a few hundreds or thousands into that engine where as most big block cars can run 10's with little modifications. Try explaining that to him, no don't waste your time. It's kind of like the rice cars, those guys dump thousands into their motors just to run fast, yes it is impressive to see a 4 banger running in the 10's/ 9's but ask them how much it cost just to get there?

Like the old saying goes, there is no substitute for cubic inches except for more cubic inches......

Call me old fashion, but like Harry said, you'll never see me getting rid of my Camaro, well maybe for a Nova..........
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

MXrider13

#19 Post by MXrider13 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Like stated before, it's all on what you were raised up on.

Back when I was in high school, it was VERY common to see Camaro's, Nova's, Chevelle's, Vette's, Cuda's, Challenger's, Chargers, GTX's, Darts, Mustang's, Torino's on every street.

I'd like to see that BMW go up against some of the FACTORY big block cars that were running in our town. In fact, I'd love to see that BMW go up against the little 302/ 4 speed setup I had in my 68 Camaro.

All I got to say is, that's what rear view mirrors are for, to say goodbye as you fly bye them.......

Now those cars I talked about were all factory cars, sure his BMW will run after he drops a few hundreds or thousands into that engine where as most big block cars can run 10's with little modifications. Try explaining that to him, no don't waste your time. It's kind of like the rice cars, those guys dump thousands into their motors just to run fast, yes it is impressive to see a 4 banger running in the 10's/ 9's but ask them how much it cost just to get there?

Like the old saying goes, there is no substitute for cubic inches except for more cubic inches......

Call me old fashion, but like Harry said, you'll never see me getting rid of my Camaro, well maybe for a Nova..........
Great answer man! No replacement for displacement! That must of been cool to see back then all American Muscle in a High School parking lot, my high school parking lot sounded like farts and people whining with all of the ricer engines going off.