Thanks dragstuff

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

bottlesempty

Thanks dragstuff

#1 Post by bottlesempty » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 pm

I wanted just say Imodragstuff THe best site on web people respond intelligently and fast infact in 08 when I came out my coma my mom &gf got me Dave organs chassis book I ve been learning since I feel good to be able to get advice from you guys keeps me hanging on to the auto addictionIdeveloped as a youth THANKS PEOPLE iknow sometime my post may be jumbled but typing not easy anymor when you see post from this screen name bear with me Im tryingIpost mostly in chassis sectionas thats where my interest is Iwish you all a safe successful season this year may all your passes be clean ones and your rRT good ones best wishes to all of you from my spot on couch

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Thanks dragstuff

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:03 am

Good to have you here, hope you continue to get better...

bottlesempty

#3 Post by bottlesempty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 pm

told the Dr. Whatever it is make people give up I'm cut from different clothe that's why I refuse give up on this carIm gonna keep trying Iwas I'd love to see my dad or nephew have success racing this car of mine but surely I intend to point &squeeze straight down track at least try huh?thanx for kind words remember when your getting your Wallys this season some wannabe racer on east coast rooting for you thanks you more seasoned racers who are willing to share your knowledge help me hold onto my dreams I would like to be able to tune chasis to track conditions between Dave Morgans book &the info available here I feel confident I can do that

Bruce69Camaro

#4 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:15 am

One word of advice, you never give up, no matter how bad it gets, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

12 years ago when my son was 3, we were told he had a brain tumor and he would not make it is we did not do surgery asap!

We did not give up and after 2 surgery's he is 100% clean. We did whatever possible to make sure he'd be with us today and it paid off. Like I said, you never give up and you keep plugging forward.

If you want to tune chassis's then you'll find a way to do it. Have you ever heard of the name Chet Herbert? He had polio and had to live his life in a wheelchair. He made the first roller cam and was very successful, his son is Doug Herbert, NHRA racer.

You are your only limitation, if you put your mind to something you can do anything.

Good luck with your build and did you say your from the East Coast, if so, where at?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

bottlesempty

#5 Post by bottlesempty » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm from Philly was neighbor of Joe news ham 10.5 outlaw racer from J &E the sponsors of atco quick 8 events he also does my motors I see your from PA if you frequent Atco I'm sure you knowJoe I'm from north Phillynow I'm in Maine for rehab the most god forsaken price of dirt in whole USA imagine a whole state with no drag strip only motors let's here are circle tracks I firmly believe if you can turn ain't going fast enoughIwish they made tire smoke air fresheners or race gas candles closest track is New Hampshire it's bad since Iwas living15/20 minutes from Atco when Iwas able to drive to track &race it now going to track is farther than going tcecil county or Englishtown from filthadelphia