Anyone have good experience with Hoosier quick time pro?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

bottlesempty

Anyone have good experience with Hoosier quick time pro?

#1 Post by bottlesempty » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Want to buy pops some new tires for his2011 mustang he plans o I'm torn between BF goodrich drag radial & Hoosier bias ply what's a better early Xmas gift he plans to spray car into mid10s I've never used they osier quick time we did have success with th BfG radial on my bros vettethe Hoosier has much more tread than Mickey ET street bias ply curious of any feed backon someone who's used Hoosier quick time dad totaled his 04 Mach one when he hydroplaned while driving on ET street radial the Hoosier tread looks like all season rtire but do they hook thanks from the now disabled gear head just need help to buy pops right meats what kind of 60' times anybody got out of this tire

silvanova

Re: Anyone have good experience with Hoosier quick time pro?

#2 Post by silvanova » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 pm

We never could get the quicktime pros to work on my car. Now the Hoosier drag radial is what we run now and is a very good tire. You will not be disapointed with the radial.
5.004 @142.6

spib

#3 Post by spib » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:17 am

the quick time pro is a good slick for the track I have used a few on differnt trucks and on my blazer, not a good slick for street use, if using just at the track I like them a lot
http://www.youtube.com/user/spib43
10.56 @128 best to date

Bruce69Camaro

#4 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

I know several guys that traded in their Goodyears for the Hoosier quick time pro's and like them a lot better.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

bottlesempty

#5 Post by bottlesempty » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:17 pm

What good year? IId say the tires I buy him would get minimal street his main concern Is top end stabilityI've been told a26"tire should be more stable than the 28" slick I had on Malibu if radial is more stable than bias ply any suggestions Hoosier drag radial looks very appealing as doesM&h bias ply and ETstreet bias ply any suggestions for compromise of stability and traction Idrove the 9/10milestoAtco on slicks with no problems except ass end swayed bad through traps maximum speed limit between track and his house i&track is 40/45MPH

Bruce69Camaro

#6 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 am

I'm referring to Goodyear drag slicks.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

bottlesempty

#7 Post by bottlesempty » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 am

The Hoosier I'm talking bout has plenty tread just it's bias ply tire his fear is hydroplaning like his last car he just happened to get caught in rain we believed theETstreet radial had enough tread for driving in slight shower thhe hoosier I'm speaking of has quite bit of tread ittcan be searched &seen @Summit racing.the tires I get him will most likely be track only what would be most stable through traps & still hook?