Stolen Crosley Truck alert,in ,around KC.

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

MOKANRACER

Stolen Crosley Truck alert,in ,around KC.

#1 Post by MOKANRACER » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Saw this in HAMB.. Just helping them out. PLEASE Help! Stolen Crosley Truck! Possibly KC Area or KS?
On Thanksgiving Day (of all days!) our almost completely restored 1949 Crosley Pick Up was stolen. These thieves cut through gates, locks, ect.

This Crosley was not just sitting out by the street waiting to be taken. It was locked up. None the less, they took it and the trailer it was loaded on, a 18 ft. all steel car hauler flatbed.

Last night (Dec. 3rd) it was spotted by a very nice man who called the police, (he had seen our "stolen" ad previously), however the I-35 Kansas Highway Patrol didnt get there in time to catch the guy who was at the time broken down on the side of the Turnpike.
It was spotted again a few hours later on I-135 near McPherson. And then again, near Kansas City. At all of the spottings, it was a dark square style truck hauling it on our stolen trailer.

We have tried posting a 'stolen ad" in Kansas City, MO but it gets flagged immediately, and when I say immediately I MEAN IMMEDIATELY! I dont know if that is because someone doesnt want it seen around there or not?
I have not flooded any where with these Stolen Ads, just trying to get the picture of our precious truck out there, so hopefully we can get it back before it gets chopped up. I believe it is in KCity or somewhere around there, but who knows.

This is a rare car, and despite having insurance, ect. It means a lot to us, and is just not something we can replace!

The outside was smoothed, primered, ready to paint, the last thing it needed, (which is where it was going the day after Thanksgiving, and why it was loaded up.)

The motor has been re-done completely and is perfect :-(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep your eyes out for this Crosley, call the police immediately if you see it, and you can reach me at 405-600-8377 with any other info. Or email me directly at SharinaMarie@yahoo.com