Great New Web Site

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

YD-LUZ

Re: YD-LUZ

#16 Post by YD-LUZ » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:17 pm

MOKANRACER wrote:Hey,dont you go running off. I am Johns Buddy and in fact his neighbor. I signed up on your site immediately, as even tho I,m gettin a little gray,I,m a fast learner. I enjoyed your site very much. Its way cool as mostly fast cars,so that means to me,a lot of knowledge at your place. So dont be shy. I cant speak for John,but seems he has openly invited you to stick around. I sure hope you do. Roger (MOKANRACER) :lol:
THANKS!!! Been working to try and get an 8 sec time slip, I think I'm very close. Will know soon enough.

........and, thanks again! I put a lot of work into the site and for the sole purpose of helping fellow racers and learn form each other. I also pay for it every month, that's a bill a hide from the wife ya know :lol: It's great to get a compliment!!!!

MOKANRACER

Your Welcome

#17 Post by MOKANRACER » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:03 pm

Good luck on that 8sec,s your looking for. Keep us posted, :wink:

jjrambo

#18 Post by jjrambo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:52 pm

I don't like how he has everything blocked on his site. You have to regirster just to see his content. I openly allow people to see everything on my website.

I feel it's a better way to do things, but then again i'm still starting out, i only have 22 members at this time on my site. I've got some killer graphis though, does that count?
DRAGUNITED.COM A New FORUM

YD-LUZ

#19 Post by YD-LUZ » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:28 pm

jjrambo wrote:I don't like how he has everything blocked on his site. You have to regirster just to see his content. I openly allow people to see everything on my website.

I feel it's a better way to do things, but then again i'm still starting out, i only have 22 members at this time on my site. I've got some killer graphis though, does that count?
I hear you. well, I wrote a post explaining this, that "everyone" can read, it's under "SITE UPDATES section, titled MUST REGISTER. Please check that out if you have a minute. It does take a couple of minutes to register - and that's not going to change. It has helped the site grow into exactly what I wanted when I decided to start it and fund it with nothing to loose, except for my money and time!!!!! :lol:

No really, we are an interactive site where we help each other in two ways" 1) We post our secrets/combinations and hard work for others to have an easy road map 2) Members post cars they are building and their fellow racers help them out. This is the sites mission, if site guests are not willing to spend a few minutes registering, then possibly they will not add the value we are hoping for and other sites may be better for them. To be blunt, another very awesome / huge hot rod web site owner told me what their total monthly cost was - ouch. So... I'm not upset if some people do not join. Just hope to get those who can benefit from the site and/or help other racers.

You may note, we have received NO negative feedback from our members, in contrast there has been more positive e-mails and pm's than you could ever imagine. So, overall my plan for now is to leave things the way they are.

What I'm most proud of, there are ZERO negative post of any kind and not even one negative COMMENT on the entire site and I've never edited a post. Every member has a good time and most learn a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a family of racers, hope you decide to join, would love to have you!!!

ALSO, Thank You for the feedback and I'll be sure to check your site out.
Last edited by YD-LUZ on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YD-LUZ

#20 Post by YD-LUZ » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:45 pm

jjrambo wrote:I don't like how he has everything blocked on his site. You have to regirster just to see his content. I openly allow people to see everything on my website.

You now have 24 members, great site!!!!

jjrambo

#21 Post by jjrambo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:12 pm

YD-LUZ wrote:

Thanks man I noticed you signed up. Hope you enjoy the site.

jjrambo

#22 Post by jjrambo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:21 pm

jjrambo wrote:
YD-LUZ wrote:

Thanks man I noticed you signed up. Hope you enjoy the site.
I upgraded my site to vbulletin, so now it's all the better!