1968 Camaro fiberglass doors HELP

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

bradpric

1968 Camaro fiberglass doors HELP

#1 Post by bradpric » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:24 pm

I am building a 68 Camaro, and I have a Harwood one piece front end. I want to install fiberglass doors, and I need some help from people who have glass doors. First the front end is very flimsy at the point where the fender and the door meet. When I called Harwood they said the doors they sell have a lip on them for the fender to rest on, and it helps line up the fender and the door. I have seen many fiberglass front ends and I can't see this lip on most of the doors. I could add fiberglass to the fenders and mold them into shape but I would like to know how everyone else has done this. Has anyone used another brand of fiberglass like Unlimited Products, they have the doors for half the price of Harwood. I want a good product but I also want a good price. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:26 am

Royz just put some doors on his Nova, but can't remember what brand he used. I'm not sure if he's checking the board right now though, I think he's traveling. Maybe when he gets back he could let you know. Personally I'd rather spend the extra on the Harwood to get the better quality AND delivery. My unlimited fenderwells I ordered don't look like they are done very well and took forever to get here. My harwood bumpers and hood were in stock at Summit and got them within a week. I've rarely heard of quality problems with Harwood, but I have heard it frequently with Unlimited.

glass doors

#3 Post by Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:57 am

I put the unlimited panels all over my car made my own 1 piece front end from the parts, their quality is not very good but they are very light and a bit cheaper actually my doors were a good fit my fenders were not so if you want quality harwood ,glasstech,and us bodies are probably a better bet
Royz